Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok lets see, where to start. Well first i'll start by saying that im ok. just some road rash and bruises. and my girlfriend calls it raw meat.
either way it happened yesterday. For the NYer's i was in LI heading home on Glen Cove Rd a local road that has a speed limit of 45mph. I was heading North. I was just stopped at a red light and was at the front of the pack. I took off and was going about 50mph. It was a long sweeping left so i was leaning. Next thing u know a F*ing woman in a 300C which was on the oncoming traffic heading South just pops a left into a parking lot but stops when she sees me coming and blocks off both of the lanes in front of me. it was literally maybe around 50ft or less. Either way it was a double solid yellow line that she crossed. So at that moment in my mind i was thinking either hit her or go down. So i chose going down. I had no time to swerve out of the way. I was leaning So i slamed on the brakes and tank slap off i go. I flew off the bike side ways rolled and slid. lucky i was wearing my leather jacket but it still burned through next to the forearm armor around 1 in. while i was sliding some how my right side of my jacket slid up a little so i have road rash by my waistline on my hipbone the size of my hand and rash on both of my knees. I remember i was landing and i used my hand go down so i have 3 bruised fingers. when i got up i remember the first thing she said was "i had my blinkers on cant you see?" i wanted to smack her right there and then.

So now my bike is pretty messed up. frame sliders bent, my whole right side of the bike is pretty scraped up. brake lever, windshield, pegs broke off, seats ripped up. tank dented, fairs all messed up rear sliders the weld broke off, but the engine is ok. clip on is messed up.

Cops came, off i went in the ambulance. I have 3 witnesses in cars that were behind me which all saw what happened. I havent got the police report back yet but it should be in favor for me. I only have liability and theft so im screwed if her insurance dont pay. Shes the cause of my accident but i never hit her. maybe someone can help me out on that. cops are just saying she was a factor. According to my gf they sounded like they were stereotyping. it sounded like the cops are on the lady's side saying its the motorcycle fault since i ride a crotch rocket. but lucky i have couple of witnesses. now im just trying not to think about it and rest up. learned my lesson. i have draggin jeans but didnt wear it yesterday, going to buy a pair of bohn pants.

·
Registered
349 Posts
SUE HER IMMEDIATELY for "physical and mental injuries" and damage to your bike!

I'm serious, dude.

Insurance is such a big game of bullshit, especially in this scenario since she didn't technically hit you, but caused the accident. Use those three witnesses to your advantage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cops didn't make you crash. They stated the obvious. That makes you pissed off at them?

hope it works out
obvious was that she blocked off 2 lanes and the cop didnt even bother asking the witnesses what happened. they automatically assumed that since i was on a crotch rocket that i must be flying.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SUE HER IMMEDIATELY for "physical and mental injuries" and damage to your bike!

I'm serious, dude.

Insurance is such a big game of bullshit, especially in this scenario since she didn't technically hit you, but caused the accident. Use those three witnesses to your advantage.
i was thinking about doing that.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
obvious was that she blocked off 2 lanes and the cop didnt even bother asking the witnesses what happened. they automatically assumed that since i was on a crotch rocket that i must be flying.
You're going 50 in a turn rated 45 and couldn't stand the bike up a couple of degrees and stop? I call bs. It seems like you're going much faster than 50 for that to be the case. Whether you were speeding, or didn't have the skill to straighten the bike and stop it's rider error; either way.

I don't mean to sound like I'm flaming you, I'm glad you're not seriously hurt. It just doesn't add up unless I'm not getting all of the info.

EDIT: And saying things like damn pigs doesn't make your story seem credible at all. Most LEO are decent at determining what happened at an accident. If you have doubts you should politely explain your side.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What are you talking about? :confused:

He has 3 physical witnesses of the lady cutting him off.

Read what I said. He sounds upset at the cops... because they said the lady was a factor. I just said all they did was try to help/give their opinion... no need to be pissed off at them.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
unfortunately, I doubt you'll get anything out of her insurance since you didn't hit her - sucks

+1 with the feet on this....because you did not hit the car, you will probably get squat from the insurance company.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're going 50 in a turn rated 45 and couldn't stand the bike up a couple of degrees and stop? I call bs. It seems like you're going much faster than 50 for that to be the case. Whether you were speeding, or didn't have the skill to straighten the bike and stop it's rider error; either way.

I don't mean to sound like I'm flaming you, I'm glad you're not seriously hurt. It just doesn't add up unless I'm not getting all of the info.

EDIT: And saying things like damn pigs doesn't make your story seem credible at all. Most LEO are decent at determining what happened at an accident. If you have doubts you should politely explain your side.
riding error huh? when she crossed a double solid yellow line. great judgement. so if u go driving in on coming traffic on a highway and they have a pile up i'll say im not a fault since i didnt get hit. also she was aprox 50ft away. even if i was going 40mph i wouldnt be able to stop.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Okay...

Step 1 - Delete this thread

Step 2 - X out the browser window

Step 3 - Get off of computer

Step 4 - Pick up phone and call lawyer + witnesses

Step 5 - Profit

Sitting here on the forums complaining about it won't get you anywhere. Take action first thing tomorrow morning. The longer you let it linger the less of a chance you have on winning anything.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
riding error huh? when she crossed a double solid yellow line. great judgement. so if u go driving in on coming traffic on a highway and they have a pile up i'll say im not a fault since i didnt get hit. also she was aprox 50ft away. even if i was going 40mph i wouldnt be able to stop.
Bro, don't sweat the small shit....this is a forum where people can be cowboys.....you were there, you know what happened and thats all that should matter....along with the fact that your all right....anyway, get the police report (should be available within 48 hrs) and call the witness' and listen to what they have to say about the accident. Then call HER insurance company and speak with a rep and try to get things straightened out......worse case you will have to put your bike back together on your own, but at least you walked away (big +)....also, I have an extra upper fairing, wind screen and will soon have extra pegs, shifter, foot brake, etc.....I will help where I can......I grew up in Flushing (mom still lives there) and can meet up with you to drop off the stuff........oh btw!....I ain't given the shit away for free:eek:...........but will discount for a fallen rider.....lol........

seriously though...

glad to hear your ok.....

and I hope that entropykat chick doesn't show her feet again!!!!!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I was heading North..............................the oncoming traffic heading South
I call BULLSHIT!! Nobody on the East Coast even knows what North, South, East and West are. Let alone how to use these words or where they apply. Where are you really located??

+1 with the feet on this.....
"...with the feet..." :Laughing rolling:

--David

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I call BULLSHIT!! Nobody on the East Coast even knows what North, South, East and West are. Let alone how to use these words or where they apply. Where are you really located??

"...with the feet..." :Laughing rolling:

--David

he got it from the cop.....

him: I was going thata way.....
cop: so you were going north?
him: yeah
him: and she was going dis way....
cop: you mean south???
him uh huh..
him: it hurts real bad right here!

:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
you know, I thought about you when taking a pic of my bruised toenail today! most people with foot fetishes are more direct about it I thought?
:rolleyes:the fact that you thought about me is appealing....mmmmm

the fact that your toe nail was in the picture is wrong!:puke:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Holy spell check..

1. A sweeping left gives you a 100% clear view of what's going on. Even more so than a right sweeper, which would still be plenty.
2. A double yellow means there is no turn lane.

If you were paying attention you would have seen a car almost stopped in the middle of the road before she turned.

So were you speeding, or not paying attention at all?

Anybody that rides knows that to actually lean your bike more than a couple degrees you have to be going at least twice the posted speed for the turn. Knowing that, and knowing that you wrecked your bike; it seems pretty clear that you were both speeding and not paying attention.

For any accident you have on a motorcycle, you need to replay what happened until you know what you could have done differently to prevent it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts