Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
...don't rule out the GSXR 1k just yet.

I'd like to see the Kawi take the crown, but I've got a feeling that the new R1 is going to be a bit of a sleeper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I dont like the gsxr-1000 it is just if I am going there I would go with the Busa, The R1 is straight hate as they always have been(raw racing machine), I think the zx10r will kill them because usually when kawasaki comes with something new they bring the force and then in 10years when they have not updated anything they are getting served up, then they decide to update. I really want to get the zx10r but just looking at pics it does nothing for me I hoppe when i c it on the showroom it will stir something inside me, but right now the R1 and CBR1000rr Im like god bless i have to have that bike!Really like the exhaust on the R1.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
One word...R mother Freakin 1.
wel that's 4 but you get the point.

I just think it's one sexy biotch.[:p]

·
Registered
337 Posts
I think the gixxer 1k might outperform the new cbr, but it won't touch the r1 or zx10r in terms of power. I'm very curious to see how the new generation of liter bikes handles. The gixxer isn't being significantly updated for 04, but it's already been refined. It wouldn't surprise me if it handles better than some of the new bikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How I laugh, My buddy who races, who I call and get all the technicals before i buy says blah blah blah and then i ask are these things that I will even realize not being a racer myself he responds its splittin hairs buy the one you like the best! I agree with him for the average guy like me which one looks the best. I also agree with all of you all street bikes pretty much kickass no matter which one your on!I love it, Chris

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
That's pretty much what it comes down to anymore. Whichever one fits you the best and looks the best to you is the one you should get, because when you are trying to make your decision based on performance, there is not much substance to base your decision on.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i think 04 gixr 1k or th enew cbr 1k. thats a close call. the 10r, well i havent seen any test done yet.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by zx6r50

What do you guys think R1, ZX10r, CBR1000rr for 04.
How do you define the winner? By best laptimes? Highest power? Best power to weight ratio? Highest top speed? Best acceleration? Something else?

I would define it by the best laptime but then it comes down to the track/rider. The bike that will be the fastest on one track/rider, may be the slowest on some other track/rider. Just look at the tests of the new 600's. Every single one of them has been picked as the fastest bike by a laptime in different tracks/tests.

And as someone allready mentioned, do not rule out the gixxer yet. Well, to me it looks frigging ugly, but it's still one of the rare bikes (if not the only bike) that usually beats all the other bikes in terms of laptime.

My gues is, that the Yamaha R1 will win the highest power contest. Allthought I think it will be a matter of only few ponies between the R1, GSX-R and ZX-10R. Honda may lack a bit in the power department, like the Blade has allways done.

Can't hardly wait to see them in a group test. Allthought I think that all of them will be enough powerfull for anyone of us, it will be interesting to see the tested power figures, wet weights, 1/4 mile acceleration times etc.

'04 will be a nice year for litre bikes. Why, oh why can't I be rich :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by _6R_

We just happen to live in the wrong country for this hobby :(
Whatever you earn the state wants. Oh, and not to mention the taxes on the bikes for that matter..

Well, that was off-topic. But anyway, I love the new R1 looks but couldn't decide on wich one of thoes litre bikes I'd go with if I'd had the money.
This time I couldn't buy it without trying it as I did with the 03 636.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by creep

We just happen to live in the wrong country for this hobby :(
Whatever you earn the state wants. Oh, and not to mention the taxes on the bikes for that matter..
Yep. How much costs a new litre bike in USA? 10500$? Here in Finland a new ZX-6R is 14480 eur and GSX-R 1000 20990 eur. In dollars those prices would be ~16700$ for the ZX-6R and ~24150$ for the GSX-R 1000...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yep. How much costs a new litre bike in USA? 10500$? Here in Finland a new ZX-6R is 14480 eur and GSX-R 1000 20990 eur. In dollars those prices would be ~16700$ for the ZX-6R and ~24150$ for the GSX-R 1000...
Wow, for US guys, don't forget to multiply at least 1.1 to get USD values.
I would suggest you to come down over to Germany for your next bike. Here a 03' new ZX6R is listed 9640 Euro, and you can get one about 8600 Euro from almost any shop now. Maybe look at ebay.de for good bargains on new bikes. They always have some new bikes imported from countries where it's cheaper. Here is the link for an actual one, black.
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437224860&category=23038

It should not be a problem to register it in Finland also, but they may have some taxes for it additionally if you try to register there but I don't think that it's an additional 6000 Euro.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
By the way, I think the new R1 looks nice, but I would give a ride to a bike before choosing any of 'em being the best.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze

[:M23] Holy crap!
Yep. Ain't that nice...

But there is more. The car/motorcycle taxes were lowered some time ago in Finland so the prices came down a little too. For example In 2001 a Yamaha R6 costed 17811 eur. That's something like ~20500 in dollars...

A Kawasaki ZX-12R costed 27902 eur in year 2001. In dollars? About 32000 dollars...

The insurances, tyres, gear etc. is also a lot more expensive here too. Ahh... and the gasoline price:
USA: Chigaco West 0,366 eur / litre
Finland: Helsinki ~1 eur /litre

You lucky bastards! [:p]

Well, Finland was recently rated as the most uncorrupted country in the world. Maybe this is the price for it :)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by Wintermute

I would suggest you to come down over to Germany for your next bike. Here a 03' new ZX6R is listed 9640 Euro, and you can get one about 8600 Euro from almost any shop now. Maybe look at ebay.de for good bargains on new bikes. They always have some new bikes imported from countries where it's cheaper. Here is the link for an actual one, black.
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2437224860&category=23038

It should not be a problem to register it in Finland also, but they may have some taxes for it additionally if you try to register there but I don't think that it's an additional 6000 Euro.
Registering is not a problem but the taxes + other expenses are.

Shipping costs from Germany, taxes and registering expenses take some money and the difference is very little after that.

Plus the motorcycle dealers down here are reluctant to take a self imported bike as an exchange when you're buying a new one. Many companies also refuses to service them. Also the resale value in private market is lower, if the bike is not imported by an official importer.

Well, I already buy my tires from Germany :). For example, a set of Metzeler Rensport (streetrace version) costs ~500 eur in here. We made a big order from Germany and the price came down to 300 eur / set, including shipping costs.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I think Speed summed it up in his post.

All four are great bikes in their own respect. A person has to pick the bike that fits them best for price, features, look and comfort.

All 4 will haul balls and all 4 are more that enough bike for the average rider.

-Flash

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.