Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been researching stands mainly rear stands.

I found a company in Australia who makes a stand with 3 coasters, so the bike is movable wile on the stand. So i think this would be very helpful. i am wondering if any of one has any expericance with one.

My only experience's is with my brothers (but he doesn't live with me so its very limited).

I guess what i am asking is, how hard/easy is it to move bike when its on a "typical" stand thats doesn't have the coasters. and do you think it would be worth $225(plus shipping most likely) Whats a price for an average/typical stand? from what ive seen its 80-100 bucks.

Here is a picture of the stand i am talking about.

the website is www.andersonstands.com

Please tell me what you think?

Then i was looking at the Pitbulls, forward handle-rear stand...and like this idea, because there really isnt a good way to hold onto the 636 in the rear, to put it on the stand....

So i guess what stand would you recommend, i'm skinny guy, and am nervous to use stands.....(sorry long post for a simple question...the ADD kicked in...LOL)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I use Pit Bull stands. They are the best IMO out of the three different pairs that I have owned. I always ask my wife to help me when I lift my bike. She stands in the front with the bike up, grabs the front brake, up the bike goes. I never do this by myself. I'm too chicken to do it myself. If I need to move the bike I lower and move it and repeatr process. I do like the idea that you move your bike when it is up, but I don't do that very often. Plus the solid build quality of Pit Bull stands makes everything esle 'feel' inferior. Don't get me wrong thise other stands work, but they just feel 'weak'.

·
Registered
552 Posts
To get my bike up on my vortex stand I put a 2x4 under the kickstand then I raise it up. When I bring it down I use the handle on the rear seat to guide it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by desiprinze02
What is the point of the rear stand? I am new so I don't know these things.
It will make a world of difference when it comes to working or cleaning the bike. You will be glad that you got one. :D

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by desiprinze02
What is the point of the rear stand? I am new so I don't know these things.
When storing in the winter it also prevents flat spots from forming on tires.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I unfortunately still do not have a stand of my own, but yes.. I too am boggled by the fact that some people need help getting it on the stand. I, truthfully, haven't put any of my bikes on stands, so I guess I'm not really familiar with the process... and shouldn't judge... but I thought that was part of why it was so great. I thought you could do it all on your own.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have the Anderson stand in question good for moving the bike aroud in tight spots in the garage or where ever, great quality so if its what u want you won't be disapointed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the pitbull forward handle rear stand. It makes putting the bike up and down on the stand super easy. I wouldnt want to go back to the old style of standing behind the bike. I stand rite next to the bike and hold the bike up by the bars while i lift it rite up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
where can you buy the pitbull race stands other then pit-bull.com. I was looking into forward handled stand also and they want like 140 for it . Thanks Preston

·
Registered
927 Posts
Honestly I cant see whats the big deal if someone helps you put your bike on the stands. Sure I could do it myself, but isnt better safe than sorry????

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by greenreeper05
Honestly I cant see whats the big deal if someone helps you put your bike on the stands. Sure I could do it myself, but isnt better safe than sorry????
There is nothing wrong with having someone help you put your bike on a stand. However, there is something wrong with depending on a second person to put you bike up.

If you have the convinience to have a second person there EVERY TIME you put you bike on a stand, then, by all means, do what you want. However, what happens when that second person is not there??

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Originally posted by fulcrum

There is nothing wrong with having someone help you put your bike on a stand. However, there is something wrong with depending on a second person to put you bike up.

If you have the convinience to have a second person there EVERY TIME you put you bike on a stand, then, by all means, do what you want. However, what happens when that second person is not there??

+1.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.