Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten tired of everyone always telling me "you've got a head light out", so I decided to do some modification to my headlights ('04 636). The more and more I looked, the more ideas I come up with. My plan now is to take a HID light set up, and do some custom work to make it fit on my Ninja. I want to get the Angel Eyes set up except I want to make the halo green. IMO this would look best with the OEM headlight housing blacked out. I also heard that there are now HID bulbs that burs at 6000K and give off a green hue. I'll have 2 lights on each side (high and low beam) and was wondering if anyone had heard of or seen anyone do anything like this, and if so, if there was anything that I should be aware of before taking on this project (a winter project for sure). Any advice or comments would be helpful.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here's my take on it...I wanted Angel Eyes for my bike. Found a website that had the kit for them...believe they were $100 or $200. From what I read, they only worked when the bike was not on. Did not make sense to me. I ended up getting a HID kit from (www.f-sane.com). Works very well. I have the 6K bulbs too. I read somewhere that the lights will be brighter than the angel eyes kit and you will not see them. Don't know if it's true or not.

IF you decide to do this, PLEASE POST PICS!! You just peaked my curiosity on Angel Eyes again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i have experience installing angel eyes
i'm thinking of writing a detailed how-to, but right now i just dont have the time...
there are a lot of small tedious steps
here are some pix of angel eyes i put on my 2000 r6
i'm seriously considering installing some red ones on my zx6r sometime in the near future, so i'll just take a buncha pics as i go

·
Registered
203 Posts
o yeah i forgot to mention that they only cost $20 + the cost to ship the parts (~$10)
took about four hours to install
i'm using two cold cathodes, hooked up to an inverter
the reason i used CCFL is because the LED ones i made melted =(

you can also make LED ones for about $20
they only work for projector headlights (cuz they wont melt)
i made some for my friend's 2005 r6 and they look incredible
its alot more work and requires more patience
but you can use those tri-color LEDs hooked up to a 3-way switch and make your angel eyes switch between colors!!
plus i made slits in the acrylic rods that bended the light and gives it a much cooler effect...
too bad i dont have projector headlights =(

anyways my angel eyes have been in my r6 for almost 10k miles and i do a lot of nighttime driving, so if they havn't melted yet, they aint ever gonna melt =)

·
Registered
203 Posts
06 SE ZX6R: Hey "Jaxn" how much did you pay and how hard is it to install?

they're such a pain to install
especially the LED ones
but its getting easier cuz i've done it several times

P.S. New question: how the hell do you quote in this forum?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by Jaxn
o yeah i forgot to mention that they only cost $20 + the cost to ship the parts (~$10)
took about four hours to install
i'm using two cold cathodes, hooked up to an inverter
the reason i used CCFL is because the LED ones i made melted =(

you can also make LED ones for about $20
they only work for projector headlights (cuz they wont melt)
i made some for my friend's 2005 r6 and they look incredible
its alot more work and requires more patience
but you can use those tri-color LEDs hooked up to a 3-way switch and make your angel eyes switch between colors!!
plus i made slits in the acrylic rods that bended the light and gives it a much cooler effect...
too bad i dont have projector headlights =(

anyways my angel eyes have been in my r6 for almost 10k miles and i do a lot of nighttime driving, so if they havn't melted yet, they aint ever gonna melt =)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Originally posted by Blackie
hi guys,

i manage to find the diy site...

its very detail... so pls check it out

http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm
thanks, but this does us ninja owners no good
we dont have projector headlights
acrylic melts at around 180 - 190 degrees F
i know this from experience...