Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard some other people having this same issue but cant find the thread again...

So the problem, around 10,000RPMS+ there is a loud rattle, when you pull in the clutch slightly it goes away, doesnt affect the performance but is very annerving...

Anyone come up with a fix yet?? Or will the dealer even do anything about it? Just curious.

Also... Is it just me or is the 1st to 2nd shift a big PITA when your pushing it hard? I constantly find myself missing this shift and just hitting neutral when im running it. I have alot of experience riding dirt and i know all of the bikes ive had have been clunky into 2nd, but i thought a streetbike would be alot smoother. Maybe im wrong, but this is my first streetbike so i wanna make sure.

Thanks for the imput,
-Ben

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike only has 1,400 miles on it... Just had the first service done at 1,200 miles... I would think they adjusted it then.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You would think but they overlook those things sometimes. Bike mechanics arent always top notch mechanics. No offence anyone. Same goes with any type of mechanic.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Its been covered at least a trillian times, maybe even a gazillion...

Short answer:

Take off the clutch lever, stick into the housing some thick ass grease or something.
On the shifts, you have to concentrate to put it in "second" and not just shift it up as with 3rd 4th and 5th.
Also you will find the bike shifts alot smoother at higher rpm's, at low rpm's its almost impossible to shift.... thats just good reason to ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i dont think im gunna take it back to the dealer... Im a auto technician myself, been in the field for 5 years now including school and i can attest to the whole "you dont always get EVERYTHING you paid for"

So its the lever itself that is rattling? That makes me feel alot better then.

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you rest one finger on the lever, it will not rattle anymore. I haven't tried any thick grease, that might be a good choice also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.