Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Annoying Vibration Under Acceleration....

• Handlebar Clip-On

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motor Shimmed Incorrectly

• Motor Grounding Out On Frame

• Other...(Please Explain Opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 636, and I went down on the right side. I rebuilt my motor due to an engine knock (long story). I grinded my whole bar end off and it went into my actual right handle bar clip-on. Ever since this incident has happened, I have had an annoying violent vibration in the handle bars when I accelerate or just cruise under power slightly. When I pull in the clutch riding down the road the vibration goes away. The dealership says the handlebars are balanced and weighted and since I shaved mine down pretty good, this is whats causing the vibration. I think thats BS because when I have the bike sitting there running at idle I can rev it up a little bit and it will still vibrate through the frame and handlebars. Also, when I ride, I can let go of the handlebars and it will steer straight so that kinda rules out the forks being bent...

Question is...Is my vibration from the handlebar being shaved off; my motor wasnt shimmed correctly in sequence when put back in the frame; or is the motor grounding out on my frame some place?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.