Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got rear-ended by a fuckin cager on the 405 today. snapped my wrist in half. spent all day in the hospital.

had i not had my gear on id be dead.

be careful out there. i hope the bike can be fixed. wont know until monday.

percoset time....

·
Registered
15 Posts
that really sux! y dont ppl in their damn cars pay more attention. glad to see that ur doing alright. hope u sue him/her for all their worth. just take it easy and focus on getting better.

G

·
sorry man-that sucks
<-------------- you should take a nice relaxing bath like me- might make you feel better :)
frozen peas are your friend-they are the best ice pack ever!

·
Registered
594 Posts
got rear-ended by a fuckin cager on the 405 today. snapped my wrist in half. spent all day in the hospital.

had i not had my gear on id be dead.

be careful out there. i hope the bike can be fixed. wont know until monday.

percoset time....

CAGER is what truck or car.... anyways least your good. anything broken and did they have insurance to fix ur bike

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Sorry to hear.

I know this is a little volturish but if you get to the point or selling parts off the bike, I need a front cowl a left peg and some other various parts to fix my hurt bike. :evil6:

·
Registered
274 Posts
i feel very uncomfortable in traffic with the little 250, invisible is more like it so i avoid traffic and ride back roads. can't imagine riding in LA. sorry, heal fast. j

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
are you serious? Dang tweak....so what's the wrist situation like? Will you be able to ride again soon? I got rear ended last fall, but stayed upright. Gotta lotta new shiny bits for the bike, hopefully that will give you something to look forward to

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am glad to here that you survived the ordeal. If you need a right blinker(new) or a left rearset (bracket and peg) let me know.

Daniel

·
Registered
158 Posts
bad luck man. Sorry to hear that. What's the prognosis on your wrist? Are they going to cast it when the swelling retreats and call it good? Or are you going to have to have surgery? Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That sucks man! Just must not be the day for motorcycles. My buddy laid down his R1 tonight. Don't let it get you down!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jeebus, Ross, sorry to hear about this. NOT GOOD. Hope you are feeling better and glad it was not worse. The bike is fixable. You need to get healed up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dang Tweak! So glad you are all right! Sounds like one helluva hit to break your wrist?! Take it easy during your rest and recoup time...let your body heal back to normal.

·
LOST HIS RIDE
926 Posts
Real sorry to hear another rider down!! I keep forgetting that the bike brakes in so much shorter distance than a car and wonder when this will happen to me. I try to keep checking the mirrors when slowing down.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Tweak, that really is scarey. Which wrist and what hand is your dominant hand? It might affect you for a long time. I hope you have a great lawyer.

Treky, be careful. Cars actually can stop quicker than bikes. Drivers are afraid of hitting bikes because they know they would get any injuries while they are protected in their cage.

·
LOST HIS RIDE
926 Posts
Tweak, that really is scarey. Which wrist and what hand is your dominant hand? It might affect you for a long time. I hope you have a great lawyer.

Treky, be careful. Cars actually can stop quicker than bikes. Drivers are afraid of hitting bikes because they know they would get any injuries while they are protected in their cage.
I have to disagree. Stopping distance has to be shorter for a bike than a car.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts