Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last wednesday night i was cruising around with some people when we decided to pull into the gas station. i was driving behind a few parks cars when i saw a guy in reverse but with his brake lights on. so i decided to go ahead and pass to pull into the parking stall next to him, jus when i get directly behind him i see that he hits the gas and starts coming for me. I didnt have time to do anything but bail off the bike jus in time before he would have crushed my leg. I was luckily able to walk away without a scratch, I wish i could say the same for my bike. Here is a few pics of it. some how i got a hole in my radiator.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
holy crap!! that sucks. glad your ok. is his insurance covering it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. yeah luckily his insurance is gonna cover it. the shop quoted $9,700 to fix it. lol. so its totaled and im gonna buy it back and fix it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
thanks. yeah luckily his insurance is gonna cover it. the shop quoted $9,700 to fix it. lol. so its totaled and im gonna buy it back and fix it.
$9,700 to fix it?!?!?!?!?:eek::eek::eek: either you have a friend working there or there is more damage than can be seen...or its late...and im drinking...probably answer numer3??? but then again...a brand new one is WAAAYYYYY cheaper than 9700, no???

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yeah glad ur ok.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeah i got a friend that works there that did the estimate for me. but htere is small scratches on the frame so there is 1400 plus another 1200 in labor to move the engine and everything over, scuff on the swingarm, small scuff on tank, all new plastic, mirrors, lever, barend, pegs, rearsets, clipon, windscreen, busted radiator. he looked high and low for every little thing.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Not to thread jack here, but I was born in Salinas Kansas. Lived there till I was four and moved to Texas. What a small world when I left I believe they had a graduating class of 22, or at least thats what I had heard from my parents.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to thread jack here, but I was born in Salinas Kansas. Lived there till I was four and moved to Texas. What a small world when I left I believe they had a graduating class of 22, or at least thats what I had heard from my parents.
haha yeah its a tad bigger now.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Well my man, sorry about your bike, but they are rebuilt and lessons can be learned, but lives can never be brought back. If your walking and talking you have plenty of time to remedy this situation, take it from me I once got cut off at 80MPH not a fun day for me or the bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my man, sorry about your bike, but they are rebuilt and lessons can be learned, but lives can never be brought back. If your walking and talking you have plenty of time to remedy this situation, take it from me I once got cut off at 80MPH not a fun day for me or the bike.
ha yeah i bet. i could have been alot worse off but they guys i was riding with said i did some ninja like move to get off the bike in time before hitting. lol.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
ha yeah i bet. i could have been alot worse off but they guys i was riding with said i did some ninja like move to get off the bike in time before hitting. lol.
Honestly this is always the best scenario.. Even if you didnt have insurance and had to bite the bullet for your payments you still have perfect health, the best of all possible outcomes. Everyone that rides bikes will go down at least once, I ride pretty damn hard on the 10r and even harder on the 6r and I have had my share of down time. But as long as you learn your mistakes and look for the "obvious" warning signs of previous experiences you are a better rider. Track riding is a sport but street riding is a game like chess, plan ahead or four five steps so you always know your options!

·
Registered
2 Posts
decals

hey man, .that sucks bout the bike bro. Good thing you're healthy. Bikes are replaceable...Life isn't.

I totaled my '08 green machine her in Germany on the AUTOBAHN because of shitty German drivers. I'm now on my second '08. Trust me, I know the feeling.....The last time I layed a bike down before that was 1998.

BTW, where did you get those chrome looking decals??? that $hit looks sick. I want some!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts