Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a news brief about a dead motorcyclist. He was 66 years old. Let this be a reminder that it's not just newbies and young kids out there killing themselves. Older riders are just as susceptible to stupidity. Prayers go out to his family.

Biker Killed At Railway Crossing

Friday, Aug 22, 2008 @05:24am CST

A Shreveport man is dead today after crashing into a railway caution gate in downtown Shreveport. The accident happened at the intersection of Caddo and Commerce Streets Thursday afternoon. Witnesses at the scene say the motorcyclist sped up when he saw the train coming. The crossing gate came down and knocked the rider off the bike.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
sad to hear.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's absolutely horrible. So was it the gate that killed him or the train?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Guys, that is a tragedy, it's horrible for his family-BUT-not to be the resident asshole here or anything......

.....Natural Selection. If the witness reports are true (IF I said-IF not then the rest of this is moot) IF this guy sped up to beat the train-got knocked off his bike and then run over-that's just plain stupid. We all do stupid things, but c'mon-you're on a bike in the first place, so you should be at a higher alert level and riding aggressively defensive so you see a train coming and the arms dropping and you speed up to beat it??? Wow.

Doesn't lessen at all that it's awful for his family and a horrible thing to happen, but man-when are people gonna stop doing things that dumb...

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's always sad when someone dies prematurely but, damn, in his 66 years he never learned that you don't play chicken with a train? I know the guard rail got him but still.......Darwin award I suppose.

Tim

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I know what he did was stupid but all the he got what was coming stuff is unwarranted. If you get a drivers license at 16 and live to be 66 years old you learn things along the way and start doing things differently. No doubt if the crossing guard didn't come down when it did he would have easily made it across.

RIP unfortunately stopped by a crossing guard, guy.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I pray for the family too but more important I pray for that guys soul and hope he is above in Heaven for HELL is a real place if you rejected God.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Thoughts and prayers to his family and loved ones.

--David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts