Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dynojet power commander has nothing in the intructions about hooking it to my battery. The only power source for it comes from a 9v battery. That's all well and fine except that when the battery isn't plugged into the commander the bike won't run. So apparently the power is pretty important. So what happens if the 9V dies while I am riding....my bike shuts off? Does this seem wrong to anyone else? there is no hookups or harnasses or anything mentioning hooking it to my bike battery, just to the negative to ground it out.

·
Registered
474 Posts
pc draws power from the bike when it is running. when the bike is off no power is drawn from the bike, therefore the need for the 9v to program the pc when the bike is off. So i repeat: you don't need 9v battery to run when the bike it under its own power.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You don't use the battery in the bike unless you are programing it with the engine off. It gets its power from the main harness. You have to connect the PC gray plugs into the injectors, and then those black plugs on the PC harness into the bike harness (the original gray plugs). this completes the loop and give it power. Dynojet's instructions aren't very clear about what connections to make. There are two connections to be made for each connection you unplug.

If you have any questions, call Dynojet. They are quite helpful

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand all that, the point I was trying to convey is that my bike will not start without the 9v battery plugged into the power commander and if I start it with the 9v plugge din, then unplug it, the bike shuts off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
same thing happened to a friend of mine, he called power commander and it seems that the unit was defective. so he sent it back and they sent him a new one and no more problems.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.