Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I ♥ Cute Cats!
22,797 Posts
I think the problem here is you asked a question without any context. That's like saying...

"Aluminum, Plastic, or wood?"

WTF?? No one knows what the hell you are talking about.

... For one it probably has been answered a MANY times, but my main thought is what the hell you are trying to ask??? Maybe If I did research on you to see what bike you had and all maybe I could figure out what the ideal fuel rating you should use.

Are you trying to do a sort of 'poll' thing?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ugh. Here are some answers (I'm guessing at your question):
1. Read your owners manual...or look at the sticker under the seat/tail/wherever it is on whatever you're riding.
2. Use 87, you'll be fine. Use 93, you'll be fine, but you won't get any extra power/speed/whatever all things being equal.
3. Use search. Yep 93,89,87 returns nothing. "Octane" on the other hand returns 200 results (the forum limit for results).
4. Wood

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Ugh. Here are some answers (I'm guessing at your question):
1. Read your owners manual...or look at the sticker under the seat/tail/wherever it is on whatever you're riding.
2. Use 87, you'll be fine. Use 93, you'll be fine, but you won't get any extra power/speed/whatever all things being equal.
3. Use search. Yep 93,89,87 returns nothing. "Octane" on the other hand returns 200 results (the forum limit for results).
4. Wood
Ummm. not to piss in your cornflakes, but most of the SS machines need the premium stuff due to their higher compression ratio... says so in the manual too... otherwise they will suffer from detonation/pre-ignition/pinging... whatever term you prefer.

93 only for my 9r...and that's what goes into my KX's premix as well. The KFX can run on 87, but it would be too much of a hassle carrying a THIRD gas can around...so it gets the 93 as well.

I was running premium in my truck (94 Toyota 4x4, 3 liter V6), but with fuel prices where they are, I switched back to 87 (which is ok, by the manual) and guess what? Yup... pinging under hard acceleration. Guess I should try mid grade.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
from his user name, most likely a 2003 500R... but who knows??:p

he must be assuming everyone knows him and therefore should already know what he rides... what's wrong with you people??? are you not psychics?

~ calling dionne warwiiiick ~

at least he posted his thread in the right forum. :D

...gotta go eat some cornflakes

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts

·
Kawi for Life!
1,610 Posts
I did learn from another thread that if you piss in the gas tank it helps clean it out. the ammonium or something like that... try it out man. I hear nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
uh oh

sorry for the confusion i am a newbie and this is my first bike, i figured one would know i was refering to the gasoline (guess not)
i also figured one would come to the conclusion that i ride an 03 ex 500r by looking at the member name to the left (try researching above jr member)
I can see why people leave this site in for others some people are just diks
cydalr didnt have any trouble with his reply :violent:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just wonder in but what else could every one use that is 91, 89, 87any and all replies appreciated even the smart assed ones <-----those are the funniest

( is vex right am i the a$$ hole ) if you cold see the smoke you'd know i was pondering.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use 93 because it makes my bike run better. They put all that shit in the gas nowadays you need higher octane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts