·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do a search

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi there all, i am looking to replace the pipe on my blue 03 636....
here are the requirements in order. PRICE, SOUND and appearance.
i am looking for a cheap slip on. i really do not care about power gain as i feel that my 03 has plenty of that. I do however want it to be loud!!! thee pipes are not cheap and i just dont want to buy one to find out that it is too quiet. there are not alot of other bikes around here that have pipes to listen to.....
thanks in advance
Toxic Lows

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Given you want a loud pipe for low dollars, I'd say go Hindle. Excellent value for the buck and the loudest pipes I hear regularly. They're belly button pipes in these parts though, everybody's got 'em.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
DJ, man if you're over in Ontario you GOTTA come over here and do a track day with us! Either that, or when I hit-up Shannonville you should come along! After all this time I never noticed you were located in Ontario. Then again, after all this time I've never noticed I hate my girlfriend either...

Got lotsa respect for ya, would be nice to go on a head to head with a true 6R junkie!~[8D]

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Very odd encounter today.
Came accros 2 bikes. one with a full akro and one was a 636 with a slip on hindle. I was very disapointed that the hindle was not loud at all. It sounded just a tad over stock. But the guy with a full akro literaly blew the hindle away. It was super loud. I don't why that is. Maybe because it is a full? I have heard many akropovics before and this one was MUCH louder. But most people get the acro slip on.
CDnNinjaZX6R... whos bike is that in the pic? If they read this or anyone knows. is that pipe full of slip on? Is it loud? How much did you pay? and is it full TI or just the canister?
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I grabbed that pic out of a thread, not sure who's it is offhand.

Maybe that guy had the quiet hindle, whatever they call those, zyclone or somthing?.
Our buddy just put an Akro on his 6RR and its not much lowder then stock, sounds nice, deep, and throaty, but not loud.
My buddies Hindle is way louder.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theguy with the hindle prolly had a stealth pipe rathar than the supersport, cuz the supersport is damn loud.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Strong Bad... absolutely... let's do it. And as always, LOL...

There's some good roads in these parts, but there's really too much residential buildup on most of them, so the best options are up north a bit or track days... so if you're in the area, let's hook up. If you're coming up for the Shannonville Nationals, I'm scheduled for afternoons that weekend, but mebbe we can work somethin' out...

And Tommy, NO DOUBT that was the stealth Hindle you were listening to. Hindle Supersports are nowhere close to stock, and honestly louder than Akrapovics. If you've ever heard the difference between a Yosh Zyclone and a Yosh Race can, the difference between Hindle Supersport and Hindle Stealth is even greater.

If anybody can help me with how to transfer sound and/or video bytes from a non-digital camcorder, I'll record some footage of our regular riding group (636 with Akrapovic, 2 6R's with Yosh, 6R with Muzzy, R6 with Kerker, R6 with Hindle, Gix 750 with Hindle, 6RR with Akrapovic, TLR with Yosh, Gix 1000 with Hindle, Gix 1000 with Yosh, 954RR with Hindle, R6 with Jardine, TLR with Hindle, etc) going through the same routine (maybe startup and rev plus a whip through the twisties or something) and post it. Wan2Fly... you know how we could do this???

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Strong Bad... absolutely... let's do it. And as always, LOL...

There's some good roads in these parts, but there's really too much residential buildup on most of them, so the best options are up north a bit or track days... so if you're in the area, let's hook up. If you're coming up for the Shannonville Nationals, I'm scheduled for afternoons that weekend, but mebbe we can work somethin' out...

And Tommy, NO DOUBT that was the stealth Hindle you were listening to. Hindle Supersports are nowhere close to stock, and honestly louder than Akrapovics. If you've ever heard the difference between a Yosh Zyclone and a Yosh Race can, the difference between Hindle Supersport and Hindle Stealth is even greater.

If anybody can help me with how to transfer sound and/or video bytes from a non-digital camcorder, I'll record some footage of our regular riding group (636 with Akrapovic, 2 6R's with Yosh, 6R with Muzzy, R6 with Kerker, R6 with Hindle, Gix 750 with Hindle, 6RR with Akrapovic, TLR with Yosh, Gix 1000 with Hindle, Gix 1000 with Yosh, 954RR with Hindle, R6 with Jardine, TLR with Hindle, etc) going through the same routine (maybe startup and rev plus a whip through the twisties or something) and post it. Wan2Fly... you know how we could do this???
DJ, hopefully your PC has USB...if so, you need to buy a cable at Futureshop (or similar spot) that has USB on one end, and the standard RCA (red,white,yellow) connectors on the other. Should do the job for ya, BUT...last time I looked at them they were appx $100 (Canadian). That was a while ago though.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
if its a non-digital camcorder, you'll need someone with a capture card, like me :)

Come on down to Niagara some night we can go for a ride and do that.
Tuesdays are always good, we have a group that gets together to watch Two wheel tuesday on speed.
We have 3 00-02 6R's, one 6RR, an RC51, and a couple dirtbikers in our TW watching group :)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

Very odd encounter today.
Came accros 2 bikes. one with a full akro and one was a 636 with a slip on hindle. I was very disapointed that the hindle was not loud at all. It sounded just a tad over stock. But the guy with a full akro literaly blew the hindle away. It was super loud. I don't why that is. Maybe because it is a full? I have heard many akropovics before and this one was MUCH louder. But most people get the acro slip on.
CDnNinjaZX6R... whos bike is that in the pic? If they read this or anyone knows. is that pipe full of slip on? Is it loud? How much did you pay? and is it full TI or just the canister?
Thanks guys

Maybe you just had your earplugs in and the guy with the full Akrapovic had holes punched in his pipe!:D hehe

But yeah, if you heard a Hindle that was quieter than an Akrapovic, then that was definitely a Hindle Stealth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, I did some searching on the board and some reading and I thik i am going to get the Hindle..... where is a good place to get one.... .and what can i expect to pay.... i like the look of the high mount....... The only prices i saw were Canadian.

·
Registered
45 Posts
parts411.com is where I got mine. Best price at the time and their customer service is pretty good figure about 10 days or so normal ground shipping.

·
Registered
45 Posts
parts411.com is where I got mine. Best price at the time and their customer service is pretty good figure about 10 days or so normal ground shipping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.