Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another new guy!!!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MarkusZ28 
#1 ·
Just got my 2000 ZX-6R a couple of weeks ago. This is my first bike and I absolutely love this thing! No real mods yet, just a fender eliminator. However, I ordered a Lockhart Phillips carbon fiber rear fender, and I'll be damned if the thing doesn't even come close to fitting. The holes don't even line up where the stock chain guard holes are. Did they send me the wrong one? Anyone out there have experience with this? The part number on the bag was right, but maybe they put the wrong part in the bag? I thought that maybe it was a generic fit, which would suck considering the price of this thing, but as hard as I tried there is no freakin' way this thing will fit my bike. Anyway, I am glad I found this board!

#2 ·
Sounds like you got a wrong part. Usually L&P stuff is very generic, even when its bike specific its still wrong in some way or another. I would call and see what they can do.

On a side note, which color did you get, I have the green and black 2000... Congrats on your purchase and take it easy =)

Welcome to the club.

#3 ·
I bought a green/black 2000 w/2200 miles on it. I hope I don't have any problems getting the right rear fender. I will be dissapointed if the Lockhart Phillips one isn't supposed to fit perfectly, after all the damn thing was a little over $200! The one they sent me isn't even close to fitting.

#7 ·
call me stupid, but I ordered a real nice looking fender eliminator from 2brothers (i won't mention how expensive it was),but what has upset me, is that I ordered it about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I still don't have it. I called 2bros and they said that UPS had the wrong address, and all he said was that he'd fix it. I don't entirely trust them now. Anyone else order stuff from 2bros and have problems or are they usually fairly reliable?

If I lose, then you cheated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.