Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A New Albany, Ind., motorcyclist died yesterday after he lost control of his cycle and hit a GMC box truck at East Eighth Street and Beeler Street, Indiana State Police said.

New Albany police received a report of the crash about 5:20 p.m. and were told the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed just before the crash, the state police news release said.

The victim, identified as Daniel P. Carrasquillo, 19, was taken to Floyd Memorial Hospital where Floyd County Coroner Greg Balmer pronounced him dead.

State police said Carrasquillo was not wearing a helmet when he was ejected from the motorcycle and hit the truck driven by Deldon Futral, 65, also of New Albany.

The Floyd County Combined Accident Reconstruction Team is investigating.

This is really sad. I saw this guy about 2 hours before this happened riding like a idiot. Me and a group of friends were standing out in front of a friends house and this guy comes flying down the street doing like 70 on a side street residential area, with his helmet straped to the side of the bike.

i can only imagine what is going on in his parents head. This is his second wreck this season and after the first his parents went out and got him a new bike. He had no business being on a sportbike. Just really sad.

DC, RIP brah your gone way too soon

·
Registered
121 Posts
R I P

Has anyone tried to talk to some of these guys with the helmets on the side or without the helmet. I have, you should see their reaction and then they wear it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
A New Albany, Ind., motorcyclist died yesterday after he lost control of his cycle and hit a GMC box truck at East Eighth Street and Beeler Street, Indiana State Police said.

New Albany police received a report of the crash about 5:20 p.m. and were told the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed just before the crash, the state police news release said.

The victim, identified as Daniel P. Carrasquillo, 19, was taken to Floyd Memorial Hospital where Floyd County Coroner Greg Balmer pronounced him dead.

State police said Carrasquillo was not wearing a helmet when he was ejected from the motorcycle and hit the truck driven by Deldon Futral, 65, also of New Albany.

The Floyd County Combined Accident Reconstruction Team is investigating.

darwin wins again

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

--David

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i tell everybody once they should wear a helmet. lots of times i'll tell them we're going up to michigan (helmet law) so they at least bring a helmet with them. i also tell people the rides we're going on are gonna be pretty buggy, so they should wear their lids. i'll lie about anything to get people to wear their helmets. i don't want to be seen as a gear nazi, but i like to see people come out of accidents in one piece ya know?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
i rode over to illinois last weekend and of the 20 or so bikes i saw, only 2 had helmets. and they looked like touring guys that were riding across the country. it's ridiculous, i have never seen someone without a helmet in missouri. it appears to be that its as simple as making it a statewide law. as i left a rest stop they had a sign that said ''get it on'' with a helmet pictured, obviously these 'suggestions' arent working.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
i rode over to illinois last weekend and of the 20 or so bikes i saw, only 2 had helmets. and they looked like touring guys that were riding across the country. it's ridiculous, i have never seen someone without a helmet in missouri. it appears to be that its as simple as making it a statewide law. as i left a rest stop they had a sign that said ''get it on'' with a helmet pictured, obviously these 'suggestions' arent working.
I was just in Chicago and noticed the same thing. I just can't understand why they wouldn't wear a helmet.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i tell everybody once they should wear a helmet. lots of times i'll tell them we're going up to michigan (helmet law) so they at least bring a helmet with them. i also tell people the rides we're going on are gonna be pretty buggy, so they should wear their lids. i'll lie about anything to get people to wear their helmets. i don't want to be seen as a gear nazi, but i like to see people come out of accidents in one piece ya know?

Helmets - hah!
how about promoting the SPEED LIMIT.
I think that SPEEDING is the number one killer!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...e+speed+kills&ei=jOeNSKabHYi24ALM85SICA&hl=en
why blame lack of gear when most crashes are failure to control speed.

Drive Slow and you will have a much better chance to react to the unexpected.

So, you can protect your brain, but does that guarantee that you will use it.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Helmets - hah!
how about promoting the SPEED LIMIT.
I think that SPEEDING is the number one killer!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...e+speed+kills&ei=jOeNSKabHYi24ALM85SICA&hl=en
why blame lack of gear when most crashes are failure to control speed.

Drive Slow and you will have a much better chance to react to the unexpected.

So, you can protect your brain, but does that guarantee that you will use it.
C'mon again with the anti-helmet defence? Its a choice in your state - How about you make your choice and stop encouraging people to not wear gear.

·
Registered
443 Posts
RIP - 19 is too young...what the future could have held. Sorry.

I was visiting (too briefly) the great state of Texas a few weeks ago...saw a fella on the interstate take his helmet off as he was exiting and set it on the tank. On the one hand, I was glad he was smart enough to wear it sometimes...on the other....

I'm not a proponent of the nanny state, but I do think the govt should mandate helmets.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Agreed, helmets do work. Your head is usually the first or second part of your body to bounce off the ground after a spill.

Plus, you can't take twisties fast with all that wind blowing in your face.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Yeah if we didnt speed - no need for helmets... great argument.

Reactions: Shakinlaw

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
What a crock o' horseshit. You can sustain serious brain trauma at well under 10mph. Hell, if you hit your head on pavement at a standstill you're still likely to get a concussion.

Sorry about the kid, but stupid hurts; in this case it killed.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I just don't get it....why choose to not wear a helmet? wtf is wrong with people?!?!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts