Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, dropped the hammer on a Green 06. She was sitting in my carport Tuesday evening, and I just had the 600 mile service done yesterday morning. Sorry for no pics, but I've been too busy breaking this girl in!!!

First impressions after putting 15k miles on an 05 6R:

I was expecting the 10 to be a bit of a lumux in the twisties comparted to the 6R. That couldn't be further from the truth. I don't know how much the Qualifiers have to do with the handling, but this thing flicks very easily, turns in quick, and carves a tight line.

The tranny. Man, talk about smooooth shifting. Clutchless upshifts are cake from 1st to 6th, regardless of RPM, and without that abrupt CLUNK.

Ergos. Setting on it in the showroom I was expecting the 10R to be more uncomfortable than the 6R. Although your body positioning is slightly different (feet higher up, body angled more forward), I don't find the 10 to be any more "uncomfortable" than the 6. Maybe it's just me, but I can stay in the saddle just as long (before any discomoft emerges) as I did with the 6.

....and then there is the power...... I shouldn't have to comment on this at all, for the 10 is known to be a power beast. This thing gets going sooo fast, sooo quick, it should be a sin; she pulls like a train in any gear. I did find the power delivery to be smooth and predictable however; far from the wheely happy widow maker I was expecting it to be.

All in all, I am VERY happy with this bike, and as long as you respect it's power I see no reason why anyone with adequate riding experience couldn't handle one.

Peace,
D

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm happy that you are happy with your bike :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Whenever someone asks about your bike and you answer a huge grin will appear on your face without you even knowing it........

My 10r without a doubt is the best bike I have ever owned...

good riding to you...:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.