Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put the Jardine slip on; on my '08 zx6R. It is beneficial to still do the jumper mod, even though the butterfly valve has been removed....? I really didn't think so, but I read other guys mods and allot of them have the mod done with exhaust.:confused:

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
The Jumper Mod, as I have learned, has nothing to do with the butterfly valve. It is controlled by the ECU..

On my 06 ZX6R, at around 12-13K, my bike pulls harder.

I have a full exhaust system also. No exhaust valve. I felt a difference

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Jumper Mod, as I have learned, has nothing to do with the butterfly valve. It is controlled by the ECU..

On my 06 ZX6R, at around 12-13K, my bike pulls harder.

I have a full exhaust system also. No exhaust valve. I felt a difference
Exactly, the jumper mod deals with the ECU and has nothing to do with your exhaust servo.....The jumper mod is beneficial no matter what other mods you have, i could tell a big difference in high rpm's (don't forget to reset the ecu, by taking the battery terminals off for a couple secs)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recently put the Jardine slip on; on my '08 zx6R. It is beneficial to still do the jumper mod, even though the butterfly valve has been removed....? I really didn't think so, but I read other guys mods and allot of them have the mod done with exhaust.:confused:
did u gain any power with your s/o alone? can you tell the difference? you should have and must have the jumper mod as it does kicks in some horses at higher rpm.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You do NOT need to unhook your battery and reset the ecu. Doing the jumper mod sets the ecu to Malaysian specs, but resetting it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Some says you do some say you don't need to disconnect the power. But all you need to do is unhook the negative battery terminal to do it. So whats it going to hurt considering you have your seat off already and its one ten mm screw/bolt. Plus i don't know about any one else i try and unhook the power every time I work on any thing electrical. Keeps accidents from happening. Like oops i touched this hot wire to a grounded area and now my ECU is fried. I've seen it happen on cars. Its a simple little thing you can do for some good insurance on electrical parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts