Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh fuck! That's one fucked up mofo!!
Just discovered this, thought folks here would like to see it - I've quoted the text and attached the image for local hosting - it's not me!!

** BLOODY GRAPHIC CONTENT **

I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life. I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed. It was a stupid mistake on my part and now I will forever pay the price for it. Say what you will, flame away, I don't care. I have accepted it and I take full responsibility. I made a choice (not knowing any better) and I will live with the consequences for the rest of my life. I thought I would post this so that

1.) no one else ever makes this mistake and
2.) To show that you don't have to be riding for a bike to get you hurt.

Source: How NOT to clean your chain. **GRAPHIC PICS*** : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com
I feel sorry for the dude but seriously, that's one dumb fuck!!!
BTW.. Do not use WD40 for cleaning, it's not good for the chain!

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
ands thats why i shall stick to my routine. cleaning, roll bike, clean some more, roll bike more...may take longer but at least i get more quality time and get to keep my fingers

·
Registered
410 Posts
OP, there is nothing squid about that. Do work injuries sound new to you? I bet you many, many more have and will continue to lube the chain like he did, and will probably get away with it. The part that freaks me out most is when the folks aren't ready or not willing to accept the fatal consequences as a result of their actions. I'd say that guy was lucky and it ended his riding career without taking his life away. He still has his second hand to enjoy himself so life ain't over yet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP, there is nothing squid about that. Do work injuries sound new to you?
Only work injuries I'll get is RSS (repetitive stress syndrome)
or at worst, a papercut :eek:

I bet you many, many more have and will continue to lube the chain like he did, and will probably get away with it. The part that freaks me out most is when the folks aren't ready or not willing to accept the fatal consequences as a result of their actions. I'd say that guy was lucky and it ended his riding career without taking his life away. He still has his second hand to enjoy himself so life ain't over yet.
I bet!! Posting stuff like this even, if it's not a personal account, might help to teach people to be a little wiser thus not to making the same mistakes as other unfortunates.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
All he needs is adjustable leavers and he can continue to ride! ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
My mouth is wide fucking open.
This ^^^

I feel very bad for this guy. Now he's got shorty levers and fingers.

No but seriously, I'm glad he would post is to let others know the danger. I never though of cleaning/touching my chain with the bike under power but this could save a lot of fingers.

Thought for the day:
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
by Jim Horning.

·
Registered
941 Posts
That is some nasty shit, I can't believe someone could not forsee that a rag would catch on a moving chain... :tard:

I also find it equally amusing that the first thing he thought of was to take a pic of the damage to post it on the intranets.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like how his finger tips grew an extra 2 inches when they were squished all over the place.

I wonder, did he finish cleaning his chain right then or save it for later?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts