Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may know my bike with the Batman theme. It was stolen last week (8/22) from my garage. Thieves clipped the chain which was wrapped around a cement pillar in the garage.

Not too many black Ninjas with the Hotbodies setup in SoCal. Be on the alert and watch your asses!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FULL Coverage. This is the second bike stolen in 12 months from the same place. They took my 05 Titanium Silver one last year. Now, they took the black one that replaced it. Pisses me off enough to quit the sportbike scene altogether and join the dark side of cruisers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
OMG... not you, ive seen your bike since i got on kawiforum..
mind if i ask what kind of chain you used and what city do you live in. ??

and i will keep an eye out for your bike..

on a side note, i am definetly getting LO JACK.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was using an On-Guard chain. Turned out to be a piece of crap. I will be importing another chain from the UK (Allmax, I think it's called) when my insurance settles this claim. I live in the Venice/Santa Monica/Marina area.

My bike also had a Powerbronze hugger on it, another unique feature not found on others bikes in the area...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Don't think cruisers are safe from theives either. They might not get stolen as often but they do get stolen.

If you can park the bike inside (garage with a closed door, living room, bedroom) that is the best defense. Get the best chains/locks you can afford and put a cover on the bike if you have to leave it outside. I am seriously starting to consider the LoJack deal for my bike now too.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
That sucks. Was this your personal garage they stole it out of or a parking garage of some sort?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There were two brands of locks used, kind of daisy-chained together. They chose to break the On-Guard. This was a communal garage in a community that supposedly has security guards and cameras. I suspect this was an inside job. The bike usually comes with me everyday to work, but on this one week I chose to take my scooter because the Ninja just turned 3K and needed to be serviced.

At least with a cruiser, it'll take more than two guys and a van to rip it off. I'm gonna get a tank and that $500 lock from the UK plus an alarm.

·
Registered
373 Posts
storage unit or garage man... guy around here just got an 06 gix 6 stolen with no insurance..so at least be thankful for having insurance i guess!

·
Registered
338 Posts
OMG>... im in the same environment, except i live in DOWNTOWN LA....
Security Guards, and a Camera right where my bike is.. well i hope the Kryptonite chain is good enough..

i just parked it today and took my 81 beater benz to work since i hit 10k and needs service too...

wow, i think this is a sign for me to bring my bike to my unit....
shes too precious for me to lose ( my first bike and first "new" item )

TALK ABOUT WATCHING OUT FOR SIGNS...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by Kawa-Jockey
There were two brands of locks used, kind of daisy-chained together. They chose to break the On-Guard. This was a communal garage in a community that supposedly has security guards and cameras. I suspect this was an inside job. The bike usually comes with me everyday to work, but on this one week I chose to take my scooter because the Ninja just turned 3K and needed to be serviced.

At least with a cruiser, it'll take more than two guys and a van to rip it off. I'm gonna get a tank and that $500 lock from the UK plus an alarm.
Is the On-Guard chain the one that is around the pole in that pic?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Man that sucks! Their balls will explode when they crash and slam up against the tank and go sailing over the bars!! I actually don't lock my bike at night or even at work. But then again at home and at work there are cameras, security guards and attendants at all the gates.

N

·
0 Posts
makes me wonder what is there more of in CA,,,curvy roads or bike thieves.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by xtremewlr

Is the On-Guard chain the one that is around the pole in that pic?
No, the black chain is actually another UK brand. The barely visible gray one is the On-Guard chain.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by sakura
BTW, maybe God is telling you to buy an '07 ZX6R!
Hate to say it, but I am going to get a cruiser. The black market for cruiser parts that aren't Harley's is much less prominent than those of the sportbike scene. There are too many folks wrecking in the canyons or track that want quick and cheap replacement parts no matter if they are stolen. Also, stunters need parts too. The demand for Kawasaki Mean Streak or Honda VTX replacement parts is much more limited because they aren't wrecked with as much frequency.

·
Registered
520 Posts
To bad you didnt hide a GPS chip on it. You could locate those bastards and hand them revenge. If someone attempts to steal my bike they will surely get shot, and I aim for the head so they wont be limping away.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.