Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went out for a quick ride today and my girlfriend and her friend happened to be following me in her car....goin' along enjoying the city streets and then we come up to some road work stuff so i slow the bike down just enough so that if one of the road workers went crazy with their jack hammer i could easily move outta his way...the road goes from two lanes to one and starts turning slowly to the right so i follow it and all of the sudden im sharing a lane with some dumb ass fat bitches in their cute lil eclipse! they were close enough that if i wanted to i could have kicked their door or something like that so i get on the breaks cause evidently this bitch is not going to slow down even though i had the right of way
she was at least smart enough not get next to me at the red light....
attention on a bike is like tipping your waiter...
always pay it...unless you are mr. pink.....

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
In a situation like that where traffic is slowed, you need to claim the whole lane and ride as close to the center of the lane as possible. While it's always best to travel to the left side to stay in driver's mirrors and avoid oil slicks it's not the best choice in that scenario. Don't leave room for a douchbag like that to sneak in, because they always will if given half a chance.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Just today I was out for a ride on my break and some fucker in a Tahoe passed me over the double yellow! I was in a bit of traffic but, I like to put a little space between me and the car in front of me. So, I guess that I wasn't movin' fast enough for Mr. Tahoe cause all the sudden he's along side of me, over the double yellow line. I just shook my head, slowed down and let him pull in front of me. If you need to be one more vehicle ahead in line at the next traffic lite that badly, then be my guest. It'll catch up w/you sooner or later if you wanna drive that way.

·
Registered
207 Posts
In a situation like that where traffic is slowed, you need to claim the whole lane and ride as close to the center of the lane as possible. While it's always best to travel to the left side to stay in driver's mirrors and avoid oil slicks it's not the best choice in that scenario. Don't leave room for a douchbag like that to sneak in, because they always will if given half a chance.
+1

I'm not usually agressive in traffic. I try to let people in and overall be polite and kind. But in situations like that, it pays to be a little more on the aggressive side. Take up the lane and mark your territory.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I hate to say it but women seem to be notorious for taking the lane of a motorcyclist. Men don't get off easy though, they are notorious for tail-gating and being overly aggressive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hate to say it but women seem to be notorious for taking the lane of a motorcyclist. Men don't get off easy though, they are notorious for tail-gating and being overly aggressive.
Agreed.

(Still should've cleansed that Eclipse with fire though) :violent:

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts

Women can't drive period if you ask me. The are so easily distracted with other things, they're horrible at lane changes, never signaling, some (actually a lot here) drive really agressively as men do, and they are generally oblivious to every single thing on the road, no matter what size it is. My gf is horrible at spatial orientation of her car in relation to anything. Cars, parking lot barriers, you name it. She late brakes and has to slam on them to stop, (hate to be her brake pads and rotors) drives fast and has a big highlander with a high center of gravity. I've seen the makeup thing, the phone thing, the texting thing, reading, eating and even balancing a checkbook, all female drivers. Men will try to do some of those but always seem to be able to recover faster and better once they realize they are doing something wrong. Women, forget it, when the big light goes off in their head that they are doing something wrong it's far too late. It may sound like I'm generalizing but I'm not, most "oopsies" I've been witness to have been at the hands of female drivers.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Women can't drive period if you ask me. The are so easily distracted with other things, they're horrible at lane changes, never signaling, some (actually a lot here) drive really agressively as men do, and they are generally oblivious to every single thing on the road, no matter what size it is. My gf is horrible at spatial orientation of her car in relation to anything. Cars, parking lot barriers, you name it. She late brakes and has to slam on them to stop, (hate to be her brake pads and rotors) drives fast and has a big highlander with a high center of gravity. I've seen the makeup thing, the phone thing, the texting thing, reading, eating and even balancing a checkbook, all female drivers. Men will try to do some of those but always seem to be able to recover faster and better once they realize they are doing something wrong. Women, forget it, when the big light goes off in their head that they are doing something wrong it's far too late. It may sound like I'm generalizing but I'm not, most "oopsies" I've been witness to have been at the hands of female drivers.
All cagers, men and women alike, are terrible at driving if not all the time at least some of the time. If people drove like they were supposed to instead of cramming in tasks, they didn't have time for before getting in the car, or acting self-centered like a child pretending the world revolves around them the roads would be a whole lot safer for everyone. Even riders are bad on the road. Every driver or rider I've seen at some point has had the "my needs are more important than anyone elses" mentality. Drivers usually drive fast and/or aggressively in that mindset. Riders will usually speed, lane split, and/or lane weave. When you ask those drivers/riders about it they pass it off as necessary behavior. Riders love using the safety excuse, some are even convinced it's a good excuse. In conclusion we are ALL bad out there, maybe not all the time but we've all had our moments even if we didn't notice them.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I won't bother starting another thread to share this, although I could...

I'm all for outlawing the use of phones while driving. Can't tell you how many dumbasses I see talking, texting and/or emailing while driving. I would say this is a cager issue but I shit you not, yesterday on my way home I spotted a squid holding his cell in his left hand texting while he was riding...at 70-80mph! WTF!?!?!??!?!

Darwin, take him he's all yours!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah living in california they actually have started enforcing the no cell phone law but the problem is the law isnt just dont be on your phone its more like you cant be holding a phone to your head while driving...so texting talking while your speakerphone is on using a bluetooth or wired headset...all technically still legal...and have you guys seen the video of some dude LAYING DOWN on his bike and texting....just plain crazy

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I won't bother starting another thread to share this, although I could...

I'm all for outlawing the use of phones while driving. Can't tell you how many dumbasses I see talking, texting and/or emailing while driving. I would say this is a cager issue but I shit you not, yesterday on my way home I spotted a squid holding his cell in his left hand texting while he was riding...at 70-80mph! WTF!?!?!??!?!

Darwin, take him he's all yours!

What's the big deal with this?? i usually ride with my left hand on my thigh or resting on the tank anyhow might as well make use of it. if i didnt' always ride in gloves and it wasn't so hard to text one handed on my blackberry i would prob do this too. i miss so many booty calls and texts while riding.

Reactions: JiMpiSh

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah living in california they actually have started enforcing the no cell phone law but the problem is the law isnt just dont be on your phone its more like you cant be holding a phone to your head while driving...so texting talking while your speakerphone is on using a bluetooth or wired headset...all technically still legal...and have you guys seen the video of some dude LAYING DOWN on his bike and texting....just plain crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpX4jCpbDI&feature=related

Ask and ye shall receive.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
What's the big deal with this?? i usually ride with my left hand on my thigh or resting on the tank anyhow might as well make use of it. if i didnt' always ride in gloves and it wasn't so hard to text one handed on my blackberry i would prob do this too. i miss so many booty calls and texts while riding.
I seriously hope you're kidding. What your left hand is doing isn't the problem...where your attention and vision is focused is. If you choose to do it, more power to ya, but it seems like a dumbass thing to do, especially at 70mph+!

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
27,417 Posts
dude coming back from the golf course the other day my buddy started texting his little girlfriend while he was driving. I was like dude, do you want me to do that for you? I promise I'll text whatever you say....jesus.
He used to ride too....but he was an uber squid and only lasted 1 season before nobody would ride with him and he sold the bike.

·
Registered
734 Posts
dude coming back from the golf course the other day my buddy started texting his little girlfriend while he was driving. I was like dude, do you want me to do that for you? I promise I'll text whatever you say....jesus.
He used to ride too....but he was an uber squid and only lasted 1 season before nobody would ride with him and he sold the bike.
I just fronted up to my mate and asked him if he could try really hard not to use his phone in the car, and that it was really important to me. As far as I know, he's kept his word.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bwahaha... don't let the women's section catch wind of this... I'm sure there will be some holy hell to pay... :p sad but too true... It may be sexist, but I'd have to agree... There's enough shitty drivers out there to take each and every one of us out ten times over if we're not paying attention, but I've seen alot more women out there spacecadeting it up in my time than men...

Like the one that turned left in front of me cuz she didn't see a bright green motorcycle and headlights rolling down the street in front of her....

Or my buddy's gf who ran her car two feet down the side of his bimmer and DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT til he pointed it out to her...

or that time... *sigh*

and please let's not even get started about OLD PEOPLE....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.