Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see the problem after looking at your pics....my aluminun base for the right side was not the same as the one in your pic...it is much longer therefore causing the bolt to be too short and the base actually touches the fairing.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you use the left on the right and vice versa or did they ship you the incorrect parts?

Left bolt= 80mm
Right bolt=100mm

Just in case you thought that the bolts were the same length.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No I used the 100mm bolt on the righthand side, but my aluminum base is not the same as yours. The package says it is for my bike zx636 o3 part number fs404. I snap a pic to show you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
heres a pic of my slider installed...I circled the part that is different from yours...I actually machined it down 7mm just to get it to fit the way it is. also explains why the stick different amounts side to side.ningahboi has attached this file: 104-0431_img.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by ningahboi

no thats the one for the right side...the one that I have mounted on the left is much longer just like the one in your pic.
Then you got the wrong slider models for your bike (636 I assume) because mine looked exactly like sh1n5's in the photos and fit perfect.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well those sliders hit befor the Case hits? The reason I aske is beacuse I have been looking for sliders that will that you do not have to cut to use

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have the same ones (Vortex). No modification to the fairings is required.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got my left vortex slider on without a problem. now someone tell me how to get the right one on. i cant seem to get the oem bolt out using the proper size allen key. is there a special tool or technique im missing here?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.