Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just ordered a set of Renthal bars with the streetfighter bend for my ER6N and plan on installing them when they get here in the next couple days. I think of myself as mechanically inclined, but this will be my first time doing any kind of mod on a motorcycle. So my question is- any advice (even if it seems basic..) on things to do or not do, or certain order in which to remove or install things? It looks pretty easy and I may be overthinking it, but as the saying goes- "The devil is in the details". Thanks all- Chad

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sometimes it helps to take some pictures before you disassemble everything. That way you can refer to the pictures when you put everything back together. You may also want to segregate and label the screws/bolts when you take it all apart - so you remember which screws/bolts go where - when you reassemble.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't completely dis assemble the throttle. Just take it apart enough to slide it off. It can be a real pain to put back together if you completely take it apart.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put streetfighters on my ER too. Love them.

You can mark the "nub" on the controls with a sharpie to know where to drill the holes. Some folks remove the nubs and eliminate the need for drilling. I'm a chicken and I drilled mine.

Reactions: Devilspawn

·
Registered
8 Posts
Similar to above, but I keep fingernail polish for those jobs. Just put some fingernail polish on nubs, put assembly together, take off and you got your spot for drilling. The clutch side grip can be a pain to take off. I used a silicone lubricant to help slide it off and on to the new bar. Other than that, its fairly straight forward. Just make sure it's centered when you put the new one on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, that was easy:eek:. Thanks for the tips everybody- the fingernail polish trick worked well- once I had the positioning right, I put a small dab on the "nub' and pushed it onto the back of the controls and it marked it perfectly! Now I just wait for the nylon inserts so I can put my bar end mirrors back on (the stock mirrors look even dopier with the Renthals..) Thanks again everybody! -Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts