Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2007 FZ6. Have had it a couple months. I have learned I don't like inline 4's. I don't like revving the hell out of an engine.

Anybody here convert from an FZ6 to a Ninja? Better low and mid RPM torque and pickup???

Thoughts?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Never had an fz6 but got to ride an fz1 for a little and thought it was great commuter bike. Great mid range and everything. I had a 650 and honestly the only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted to start doing track days so I needed some help getting my zx6. But the 650 had great low end torque and at 60-70mph it cruised around no problem at 5500-6000 rpm. If ur just using the bike to cruise around and commute its a great bike. As soon as my bike is paid off I'm considering of getting another one or even a ninja 1000 to commute and cruise around. If u think ur ready for one, I'd look at the 1000's also.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
I tried fz6 and I liked that it was inline engine, vs 650 one... However, I liked comfortability of ninja 650 better and got that one in 2012.
After two seasons plan to move up to Ninja 1000 for even more smooth ride and more power naturally.
I think fz6 has better smooth ride having an engine inline 4 where 650 has ton of vibration around 4k rpm when you cruise the most. I read about it in the article view but imagined it cannot be that annoying... And after two seasons it ended up being annoying :) ... But, I see many more 650 on the road so if you don't mind the vibration, and if you don't mind engine/exhaust sound, go for it ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts