Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
oh shit, all three. is that asking too much out of one pipe?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then don't get yourself a D&D. Poopy junk. What's your budget?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
500-600 and I want good sound but not at the sacrifice of performance.. I thought d&d was best, then two bros and fmf or hfm

Fill me in on your opinion, I'm open to sugg's

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's what I would do. I'd get either a Hindle supersport slip on or Yosh slip on. Both are decent pipes, with the Yosh having a little better build quality. You will get no better bang for your buck than the Hindle though. And the Supersport models are LOUD. Both the Yosh and Hindle offer decent power gains. Yoshimura has a few different styles to check out. The D&D will fall apart like a Ford Pinto.

If you're looking for a site, the last place I ordered a hindle through was aftermarketmotorcycleparts.com or something like that. They had the best prices awesome customer service when I called them.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
just got your post on this thread dawg, thanx! I'll check into the Arata, Moriwaki that you have and SAto. I'[m go'n to bed now but when you get to this let me know your op about Yoshimura that strongbad gave rave review on. Appreciate it, I'll check all these out tomorrow at work!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
this thread..
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4499

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I take it Hindle and Yosh are louder compared to the ones you mentioned in the other thread. I'll look into these supersport models to, thanks again

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those three are all out of your budget, but hey, we all got credit right?[:p] I believe Arata is working on a slip on system right now, somebody should be able to correct me, or you can contact kyleusa.com and ask them. The Yosh is an excellent pipe and the Hindle is the best value. Good luck.

The other three I mentioned are not quiet by any means. The Hindle (supersport) is just friggin loud. Very high pitched and raspy.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
OMG, a sales rep from d&d just sent me a dyno sound clip on a zx6r and it's smooth! I have to save up and get one, but they're so expensive from what I've seen. Anyone know of some good sites that have decent prices please post them.

I understand the '03 pipes may not be available yet, just can hardly wait. Also if anyone wants me to email me the sound clip(b/c not on their website) just mention here or hit me up at my profile email.. it's an mpeg format & only half a meg file. I'll send it through to anyone interested by this wknd

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
damn scooter, local dealer confirmed d&d be'n poop! Said they sound good but fall apart inside w/in no time. They're trying to talk me into getting a MIG. Ever heard much on them? They also confirmed Yosh is a good way to go and the slip on carbon fiber was less than 400

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes MIGs are out there, They're a French company, and I've seen a few but I've never heard much in the way of performance gains. I see quite a few on R1s (high mount). I think they're more for show and they cost more $. Stick with the Yosh or the Hindle. You won't be disappointed. With the $$ you save you can get a power commander to match.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Okay, I'm lean'n toward the Yosh, hopefully get one ordered by next week. THANX!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.