Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
any of u guys know where to get inspection done...i was pulled over by a real headcase today
go to the old 666 Cycle on 18th Ave between 86st and Benson Ave. Its called motorcycle universe now.

ILYA
From the NY fools thread, I'm not familiar with the Brooklyn area hope this helps...as for getting it there...if ya have no trailer or pickup truck to throw it in you can always walk it :p

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
From the NY fools thread, I'm not familiar with the Brooklyn area hope this helps...as for getting it there...if ya have no trailer or pickup truck to throw it in you can always walk it :p
+1 on 666.....they shouldn't be too far from you in Bay Ridge...call them, they shoudl be able to pick up the bike from you ($$)...Also, pick me up some cannoli's while your on 18th ave......

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Let me know if you need to have your bike picked up. A friend of mine just started a business hauling bikes within the tri-state area. He will pick it up from your house and you can go with him directly to the shop of your choice.

The 666 cycle that I posted about before is now under new managements and its renamed to something like "Motor Bike Universe". They do charge a pretty penny and you may want to consider dealers as well.

What are the symptoms? When was the last time the bike was started? Are you the original owner and how many miles on the bike?

There are lots of questions to be answered when you say "bike doesn't start"
Additionally, I'm in Brooklyn and know a few things here and there. Let me know and I can meet up with you and see if I can give you any tips.

ILYA
FSANE PERFORMANCE

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me know if you need to have your bike picked up. A friend of mine just started a business hauling bikes within the tri-state area. He will pick it up from your house and you can go with him directly to the shop of your choice.

The 666 cycle that I posted about before is now under new managements and its renamed to something like "Motor Bike Universe". They do charge a pretty penny and you may want to consider dealers as well.

What are the symptoms? When was the last time the bike was started? Are you the original owner and how many miles on the bike?

There are lots of questions to be answered when you say "bike doesn't start"
Additionally, I'm in Brooklyn and know a few things here and there. Let me know and I can meet up with you and see if I can give you any tips.

ILYA
FSANE PERFORMANCE

Hi,
I'm the 2nd owner, the bike rode fine before I put i away like 3 years ago.
It's got a new battery, new fuel, I took the carbs out and cleaned them
(tough it was my first time working on carbs)
This weekend I trid some starter fluid and was able to get it started (with quit a bit of cranking), but it wouldn't run for more then minute or two.
I'm gonna try and pick up some spark plugs and change them out next. But it really seems more an issue with fuel.
FYI: The pump does work, I was able to see fuel come out of the fuel pump line that plugs into the carbs.

I'm in Bayridge on 77th, are you close by?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Hi,
I'm the 2nd owner, the bike rode fine before I put i away like 3 years ago.
It's got a new battery, new fuel, I took the carbs out and cleaned them
(tough it was my first time working on carbs)
This weekend I trid some starter fluid and was able to get it started (with quit a bit of cranking), but it wouldn't run for more then minute or two.
I'm gonna try and pick up some spark plugs and change them out next. But it really seems more an issue with fuel.
FYI: The pump does work, I was able to see fuel come out of the fuel pump line that plugs into the carbs.

I'm in Bayridge on 77th, are you close by?

thanks
I'm in Coney Island, however, now that I see that you're working with carbs... I think my help will be as much as you're already performed. I have the same background as you. Have worked on cars and bikes, but very little exposure to carbs.

ILYA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts