Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to raise the yoshi exaust closer to the tail light, any ideas? i wold like it to be closer to the light so it dosent have the gap between the light and exaust.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would imagine that some gap is good for preventing the exhaust from melting the light? When I replaced the rear cowl on my bike, I noticed that the taillight was warped slightly. I'm guessing that was from the heat -- and that was on the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Didn't it come with heat shield?
That kind of heat from the exhaust is not good for plastic or the led light.
To get it closer you would have had to get the carbon fiber I think...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put on my RS-5 and it came with a heat shield. How much did yours cost anyway, and how are you mounting your license plate? I'm using zip ties temp. , but I need something more effective.

·
Registered
703 Posts
slam.... i have the same can. remove the strap/bracket and drill two new holes lower on the bracket. when you put the bracket back on it will be "higher".....:D L.D.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet, thats a good idea, i might have to try that, i need to put some heat shield over the can first.

·
Registered
703 Posts
get a roll of ceramic fiber type of insulation and a roll of METAL duct tape(McMaster-Carr good place to get from). Make a "patch" and only put on the top of the can. (picture a giant band-aid with the ceramic being the gauze and the metal tape being the sticky band).....
;) L.D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.