Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forget the fact that my bike has no low end or midrange power and is geared to the sky and likes to bog down, the BIGGEST issue I have is the grabby clutch. I want to say that it is about 1/2" or less from the time the clutch engages to the time I have full power. Are kawasaki clutches like this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No mine is supposed to be like that "quicker shifting" (motorcycle-usa made a quick mention of the short friciton zone in their 2007 supersport shootout). I have an 07 R6 I was just wondering aobut Kawi clutches in general. This is the only bike I've ever had issues taking off in first with. I've ridden a ninja 250 (older one), a honda shadow, and my old 03 gsxr 600. On the gsxr it was easy to slip if I wanted to take off hard because I'd say about half of the lever travel was friciton zone.

So to put my fears to rest, Kawis have a decent sized friciton zone right? I just don't want another bike with a clutch that has almost an on/off feeling to it.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
kawi's are no different from the other manufacturers. if it's on/off like you say, something is wrong. they all should slip out, ease out, however you wanna put it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does it just all happens in a shorter range than the other bikes I've ridden. I'm not saying I can't slip it at all but it's much harder to do smoothly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts