Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty skeptical about buying cheap, chinese garbage off of ebay. Has anybody here bought any of these rotors, and can give some feedback? These rotors can be had for $205 bucks, shipped to your door...........

Hong Kong Brake Rotors on EBAY

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I have not seen those ... but I'd be skeptical of ANY bike part that includes the name "Hong Kong". The fairings that are shipped from there are shit ... the light assemblies that are shipped from there are shit ... My guess is that their rotors are shit too. Fuckin' lead based paint painting, child laboring, cheap ass plastic shit making, Confusious quoting bastages!

On a serious note.....

The auction states, "Unless for our mistake, all sales are final!"

But further down they have a "Return & Refund Policy".

Which is correct??? :confused:

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rofl: Tell me about it. I had a bad experience with some chinese fairings not long ago.................. thats why I usually wont bother with chinese shit.

I figured this thread would make for good conversation though. I'd venture to say that somebody here will pick up a set of these rotors before too long. :D

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I'm guessing that they will mount okay .... and work good until they get hot and will then warp like a mother fucker and be useless unless you enjoy the feeling of your brakes pulsating everytime you stop. But that is just a guess based on past experiences with Chinese shit. :rolleyes: :D

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not really looking to buy any front rotors at the moment, I was actually just looking for a lightened (i.e. MASSACRED :lol:) factory rear rotor when I stumbled upon these.

I guess I'll just have to send my rotor off..................

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm guessing that they will mount okay .... and work good until they get hot and will then warp like a mother fucker and be useless unless you enjoy the feeling of your brakes pulsating everytime you stop. But that is just a guess based on past experiences with Chinese shit. :rolleyes: :D
Get out of my mind! :eek: :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The problem with chinese products is that they don't have any real quality control. I worked for a company last year where a company had to send 2 "tech quality control managers" to fix our products that were too shit to sell. They said because of the lack of government regulations and other quality control managers, they don't really care if the product is shit. As long as it gets out, meets the customers quota and is cheap to make, they could care less if it's shit.

I personally would avoid them...they look great, but just imagine one of the bolts letting go...there goes your caliper, wheel, fork and possibly your whole bike...

·
Registered
558 Posts
I read some feedback on these from riderforums.com in the Z1000 section. 3 differnt guys bought them and were initially impressed and then came the problems and the regrets. Ive posted the link to thier feedback on that forum to this question on here before, so maybe a search could dig it up.

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
I have not seen those ... but I'd be skeptical of ANY bike part that includes the name "Hong Kong". The fairings that are shipped from there are shit ... the light assemblies that are shipped from there are shit ... My guess is that their rotors are shit too. Fuckin' lead based paint painting, child laboring, cheap ass plastic shit making, Confusious quoting bastages!

On a serious note.....

The auction states, "Unless for our mistake, all sales are final!"

But further down they have a "Return & Refund Policy".

Which is correct??? :confused:
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
There are a few different sellers of them I've noticed. at the every least I would buy from one that claims the rotor material is a 420 stainless. Take one for the team, and let us know....I took my turn when I tried Tomahawk tires (btw, they blow).

Being in product developement, I am not new to asian sourcing....in all cases, the first time you source something they will take the shortest, cheapest, easiest path to meet the wording on your drawings....you'd swear they look for ways to screw you. Bottom line, I don't like using Asian sourcing unless there is a middle guy to "insulate" my company from their screw ups....you don't have that here...

A phrase comes to mind..."Danger Will Robinson! Danger!"....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts