Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an 06' Ex500 as my first bike. I like the way it handles but I want to know what minor adj. I could do? I was thinking of changing the pipes, so what works best? Keeping the 2 exhaust pipes or getting a 2 into 1 exhaust?

·
Registered
875 Posts
My first bike too, its a great bike. Look into sarachu's for exhausts and consider flushmount blinkers. The stock stalks can punch right through the faring in a low speed drop from what I have heard.

Mine is still stock, but those are some popular mods for it.

Welcome to the site. Ride safe

·
Registered
522 Posts
my .02 save your money. the HP youll gain is very little in respects to the ammount of money youll spend. also exhaust/intake upgrades often require rejetting of the carbs, as well as a reduced resale value. my advice to you is learn to master your ex, sell/trade it off for a 600 later.

ill be trading mine off in 2-3 years for something faster, but its far better to learn manuvering (not just normal driving) on a smaller/more forgiving bike than one with double the HP (like a zzr or 636) and a twitchier setup.

that being said, if you dont plan to upgrade and are happy with the ex and just lookin for a lil more pep and flash, go for it. from what iv read tho, sprockets....not exhaust are the quickest/cheapest way to change the performance of your bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes just drop a sprocket size in the front. Your gas mileage may suffer a bit and your topend speed may drop but if you want better pull from down low that is where to start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.