Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious how much it would cost and how much power would be gained from making the 9r turbo? Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats true. A lot of people thought I was crazy for getting the 9r as my second bike with only 13k previous experience on a zx6. I like the look of the 9r better, insurance is a little cheaper, and it handles better, but since I am getting more used to its power I was just getting a bit curious of what exactly is involved with making one turbo. Also, it would be fun to have a discontinued, slightly heavy kawi fly past all the new liter bikes :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by NinetySix
just get a jetkit and advancer and you'll probably realise its more than fast enough [^]

Nah nothing is ever fast enough after you've had it awhile.

·
Registered
367 Posts
this guy hasnt had it very long at all, tho hes done a lot of miles [:eek:)]

the difference between a well tuned bike and a ....stock bike [xx(] is certainly enough to keep me interested for a while..... but then any bike thats a good step up from a C model 9R costs a hell of a lot more

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much would you say for a jet kit and advancer purchased and installed? I gotta save up for this stuff bit by bit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
retail on a jetkit is around $130, advancer $55. install it yourself ;) take the mesh out of the stock air filter (if still in place) while your at it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.