Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 ZZR600 that runs like shit, :( and I really need an educated opinion on possibly what the problem is before I seek mechanical assistance. Being a newbie, I'm not that all acclimated to all the possible root causes to problems...but mainly the issue is that I need to have the choke fully engaged just to keep the bike at idle and I get almost consistent stalls while approaching a stop. I did have a small lay down back in November, but the bike was fine immediately afterwards. When it sat, while nursing my wounds, and I got back on it ran like crap. I pulled the tank, dumped the fuel, tried SeaFoam and checked the wires to the best of my ability. It's new, with less than 100 miles on it, but the dealership I purchased it from is 50 miles out of the way (stupid) in Santa Monica, and I'm in Thousand Oaks.

I'm not so inclined to go back, there since I did have a minor drop, the sales guy that I dealt with before left and the finance guy there was an asshole!

Anyway...any help would be appreciated. Hoping to find someone that can come by the crib and give it a quick once over.

TIA.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Did you check the carbs? See if it is messed up at all. Does anything looked cracked?

--Anthony

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From my limited knowledge, nothing appeared to be cracked when I removed the tank. When I was checking the plugs, I visually inspected the carbs and that was about it. They seemed ok.

After my accident, I would say the bike sat for about 3+ months.
At that time,I noticed the performance problem and that's when I pulled the tank, swapped the fuel, checked oil levels, fuel line, air intake, wires & plugs and all of that; and purchased a gang of SeaFoam.

...no change.

Because of such, I have not touched the bike for months now.
:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.