Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an akra slip on and a fender eliminator and every so often the tail light slips down about a quarter of an inch, so there's a little gap. i just have to push it back in but it gets annoying.

·
Registered
871 Posts
yeah, happens to me with the CA integrated light. Didn't notice it with the stock one but I didn't have that on long.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I had that happen once with my CA taillight. Turns out I tightened the screws a little too tight and they slipped out. I replaced them just snug and it hasn't dropped anymore. Make sure the rubber piece is in place and you inserted the top of the light into the slots in the tail too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine did the same thing. just take the tail off and redo the tail light like hokie said and make sure that rubber piece is on good. I messed with mine a little and havent had any more problems. My tail light damn near fell out once and I no longer have a problem with it. But I do agree "bad design".

·
Registered
937 Posts
I dont think the design is flawed. I think people just don't install the aftermarket taillights properly. You HAVE to put this gasket back in there or it will sag. I swapped mine over and haven't had a single issue with it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by wfenton
I dont think the design is flawed. I think people just don't install the aftermarket taillights properly. You HAVE to put this gasket back in there or it will sag. I swapped mine over and haven't had a single issue with it.
agree. When I put mine on I didnt use that gasket at first. It would hang down a bit. After I put the rubber piece in it was fine

·
Powerhungry
37,948 Posts
yeh, and that is a bad design.
if the tabs were angled a bit more, that would be better.
or a screw in place of the tabs, better yet.

but if installed properly, it gets the job done.

+1 on the rubber grommet/gasket/thingy whatever its called.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.