Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have trolled around on your board for a while now and I decided to join.I am the proud owner of a J-2 ZX6R and my bike has 12k miles and hasen't had any problems. I am kicking around the idea of getting a slip on and was thinking about removing the Kleen air system. A lot of the guys on the ZX12R site do it and I have heard their are some benifits. Also my bike is a CA model so I am curious how much of that plumbing can be removed and if so how. OK well glad to be a member and FYI I am on the cycle world forum with the same screen name.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Go do a search for Badassjake's thread about that...he reveals all!

Scroll down, it's in this section and called "looking for potential free power?"

Edited by - Grunt_99 on 11/06/2002 11:21:46

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
mmmmm....

With the CA model there will be added issues...not difficult but will be into other hoses to be figured with.....Do you live in CA? If so this most likely will make you illegal when it comes time for inspections....? Right?.....If not we sure can help you.:)

As far as the benefits go ......still haven't hear from many as to how much it makes on their bikes.The latest is a local guy who has a slip on......well that is about it for performance mods......and today he was saying that he noticed a nice difference....low to mid range first couple of gears.....until ram takes in affect.

In the spring he is going to try my 20.00 jet kit and see how things go from there.....actuall it can be less if you go aftermarket...10.00 or so.

Later

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Help Jake. Yes I Do live in Californa but the good thing is bikes arent inspected or smoged here EVER! he he (evil grin) Yes you can be pulled over for noise but it never happens.. Its pretty crazy actually I have seen guys out on the local twisties with aprilia rs 250's. Anywayse i haveny checked out your other post yet but I will be thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fitted a slip on and K&N filter on mine. Then got one of the local race teams to set it up. They certainly recommend removing the Klean air system for maximum power. Without Air Ram I'm now pushing 102 BHP on the back wheel which when they added in the Ram (about 8 BHP) and the transmission loss through the chain it worked out that she's pushing out just under 125BHP on the engine sprocket. Not a bad gain if their dyno is correct :). The hardest part is finding a dyno man who knows how to set it up correctly. Power is now a smoth as a baby's bum ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.