Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the horn with dan kyle, hella nice guy. had lots of good recommendations for fixin up the 10 real nice, if you have a nice wallet...LOL anyhow the "ohlins works" is outta the budget for now, the wife would kill me since i just picked this bike up last weekend. someday though...

so for now, i just ordered some ohlins springs for the forks. i weigh 240 and he recommended 1.0 rate springs. they are shipping direct from ohlins and should be here soon. my local shop is pretty good so im going to have them put em in, said it would probably be around 2.5-3 hours labor.

that should be a good start to making the front feel better until the budget allows me to move on to bigger and better. but what about the rear? other than getting a new shock. u guys recommend a new spring? can you respring the OEM shock?

i did get the sag set on it tonight and ended up with 35 front and 30 rear, close enough for me. too bad its winter and dark or i woulda ripped her through my local playground to see how she felt. on the trip home i did get into a few turns and something just didnt feel right, like the front and back arent cooperating. might need to play with the compression a little, not going to invest too much time though since the ohlins springs are on the way...

ok ok to the point.
ohlins front springs 1.0
OEM rear shock-what do you guys think i should do to hold me over for a year or so? would you bother trying to upgrade the spring? or get the sag set back up with the ohlins springs and live with it till i can get a shock?

and of course i gotta throw up a pic, cause i hate threads without pictures. lol

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.