Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just you. Get a set of Gold anodized rearsets and an Ohlins rear shock and everything will match fine. :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
IS ANYBODY ELSE GETTING ANNOYED BY THE UNMATCHING GOLD COLOR ON THE FORKS AND BRAKES ON THE 2003 6R'S?? OR IS IT JUST ME??

IF YOU AIN'T RIDIN YOU AIN'T LIVIN

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'm with you. Awesome bike, nice lines, but bad color selection for the trim.

"The Famous Mr. Ed"

·
Registered
49 Posts
The anodized gold accents are what I like the most!
And at least on my bike everything matches.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I will say this, on the red and green it looks ok but not the blue which is the color of mine:D i have the shoei chirmea(or however you spell it) with the dragon and matches nice but when i start chroming it, i don't think it will look right. just a lil gripe to a lovely bike;)

Speed is my opponent, thats why i try to beat it

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm of the opinion the gold coloring is a play on Ohlins. They ain't Ohlins, they're Kayaba, but let's not bog down in details.

I'm not sure, but does not the Gixxer 1000 also use gold colored forks? Titanium nitride, titanium carbide, yah whatever. Everyone wants to be Ohlins, my my.

Visit your nearest Aprilia Mille R or Ducati 9xxR for genuine Ohlins. Few if any will bitch about them. Ohlins must be felt, not described. I had one on my Ducati 851 way back when.

These days I'm a Penske fan. They make astounding suspension components and are well-understood by respected U.S. shops including Traxxion Dynamics and Lindemann Engineering. Parts are a snap, with rapid turnaround.

Most Penske 8900-series shocks can be upgraded, also. I have one each on my Aprilia and Honda Blackbird, with no complaints: the latter is an 8981 two-way, the former a Traxxion Sport Shock (8900 without compression adjustment). Either can be upgraded to the three way (low and high speed compression adjustment) if I so choose with about a week turnaround from Traxxion Dynamics.

Should the Kawasaki's rear prove unsatisfactory, I will not hesitate to slap a Penske on (assuming they'll fit).

But hey: an Ohlins would color-match, hmm...

-------------------------
-=DRB=-
Mill Creek, WA U.S.A.
-------------------------

·
Registered
68 Posts
Someone said it. The gold is tits on the Red! I have the red so I'm happy. I didn't even notice at first, but when I did, I was happy. It makes the bike look so much better than the other bland 600s with everything powdercoated black. The gold bits are nice touch. I really like the colors of the control pieces (levers, etc). Overall the bike looks great I love just parking it and starring.

Craig

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know what all you guys are saying but I hate the gold on the bikes. I got a red 636 also and I think if it were black or silver it would be perfect but the gold and red just don't go IMO.

2003 Red 636

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ahhh yes the blue and gold
GO St.Louis RAMS
and the bike is tight too.

/forum/uploads/hotmix/zx6.jpg

------

Open your mind and shut your mouth

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by TRIPLEA_RYDAH

Originally posted by Hotmix
GO St.Louis RAMS

RAMS[?] Come on MAN![xx(]

Now you know who give you the most action in the NFL win or lose.
That's right THE ST.LOUIS RAMS

------

Speed is my opponent, thats why i try to beat it
------

Open your mind and shut your mouth

·
Registered
89 Posts
Originally posted by Hotmix

Ahhh yes the blue and gold
GO St.Louis RAMS
RAAAAAIIIIDERS!!!!!