Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem--- 1) The flushmount LED rear turn signals I installed SUCK I think they are LP But I havent seen any of those flushmounts that are bright. 2) After taking off that POS fender there are now 8 big holes in my undertail, and my plate is so far back that they can all be seen.

Solution--- I'm looking at buying this nice undertail with the LEDs already in them. Also, it comes with no big ass holes.

Question--- Anyone order this yet? I would like to know 1) color match exactly and 2)Are the LED signals bright enough?

Thanks for any info at all

Oh lastly, the lowest price I could find on this was $179. Which I still think is a lot. anyone find a better price?
http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=209

or

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed the company about a group buy. Please let me know who would be interested in a group buy on this undertail? Im sure the price would be much less.

·
Registered
298 Posts
hey tommy,
i had something simular to this on my 2002 yzf 600. the color match is pretty good but then i had black how hard is that to mess up? anyway...if the led's on it are the same its so hard to see them its not even funny, since then i have gotten rid of the yzf and graduated to of course the 636!(love this bike) and have given the undertail to my friend, now that i see the signals from behind, oh my god i can hardly see them!!!!!!!! not good! IMO
i have a question? are you oppose to having reg signals like the LP's short stalk V or IV? i used the stock licence plate bracket and the hooks from under the bike painted it the same color as the bike and wala! no holes and instead of those reflectors on the side i drilled the holes out more and put the signals there. if you want some pics let me know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
oh forgot to tell you, that i just made a bracket to hold the licence plate bracket out of some angle iron maybe 18-20 gauge.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thats the undertail i'm planning on getting.. as soon as i have the money to throw away. i have some short stalks for my rears, with smoked plastic lenses or whatever, i just mounted em with some angle brakets, and i tucked my license plate way down in the rear well (it's that texas tuck, but i did it myself) but i'd be down for a group buy for that undertail in the future.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
288 Posts
i ordered that for my 03 rr i like it leds are pretty bright pretty easy instalation i ordered mine off of indysuperbikes.com it was like 175.00. any way good choice....

·
Registered
364 Posts
I ordered the undertail (green of course) from hyperformanceparts.com about three weeks ago for my 03' zx600RR, still havnt recieved it. have any of you received yours yet? if so, was install easy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.