Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my renewal notice from Primmum. Turns out due to a 'general increase' in insurance rates, they have increased my premium by $800-. I called for an explanation of the increase to which they could not provide an answer. Gotta love insurance.

·
Registered
934 Posts
OH goody!! :D ...I can't WAIT to get mine!! [}:)]
Wouldn't a better question be: Who isn't getting jacked on insurance renewal?
Insurance: The biggest fucking legal scam they got going.
[:M110](Insurance)

·
Registered
344 Posts
State Farm is the cheapest way to go. You can't cover just a bike, you also have to have you car with them.

Full coverage for 2003 ZX6R = $240/year
Full coverage for 2002 CBR954 = $360/year

·
Registered
605 Posts
Damn mjahelka, I thought my $304 a year was real good 'til I saw yours. Then I looked at your profile and realized you are an old man. [:p] Just messin' with ya. :D I'm old too. [V]

State Farm here too, with the cages, house and the bike.

Boys, keep your noses clean and you too can have decent rates when you get older. ;)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yeah I had state farm. zx9r was like 420 a year. Then two weeks later they dropped me and cut me a refund check. Now I pay 2200 with someone else.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I hate to tell you guys, but state farm are about the worst damn criminals in the world... run like hell!!! I stayed in a law suit with them for 14 months.. fugging bastards... This girl ran a redlight and I nailed her doing about 45 so my truck was totalled and I wasn't too happy, well she had state farm ..... So anyways I go down to their office the next day and they say the'll send an adjuster to my house that afternoon.... finally about a week later he shows up... then I go back their office and they have this guy talking to me who reminds me of an over cologned carsalseman crossed with a shady lawyer.. He's acting like he's my best friend, and procedes to try and record us talking and asking me all these trick questions... I was like hold on just a damn minute.. tell me what you're up too... he gave me some bs answer then tried to shift the conversation... so on a little later find out they are offering me about $2000-$2500 less than my truck is worth.. I was like how do you figure that? His reply was "thats the book value" So I'm like "who's book, black book, blue book, nada book?" He says "no, our book" How convienent they get to determine the value of my car based on a book they publish thats based on nothing. I looked at him and said, "funny, my book I publish on my own says it's worth about $5000 more than that" plus on top of trying to fuck me on the price of my truck they didn't want to pay any medical for me or my passenger who was injured, no lost wages or vehicle rental. So I got a lawyer and sued the fuck out of them. ended up costing them about three-four times what I'd have settled for.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hmm, never had a problem with State Farm. Every experience has been positive.

I was rear ended a couple years ago by a guy who also had State Farm. After they had paid all the medical, they sent me a check equal to the total of the med bills for "pain and suffering" as a settlement. I didn't ask for it, they just did it. I guess maybe they did this to head off a lawsuit, but I was happy. :D

I don't believe in sueing for anymore than I am entitled to. As long as the damage, medical bills, and any lost wages are paid for, it's all good. Our rates are high enough already.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Six-R im with the same company and they had a 40% increase on harleys and sport bikes mine went up $900[:M42]. To bad they havent found out the 3 tickets i got or i be screwed.

Cheers

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by troyasaki
Six-R im with the same company and they had a 40% increase on harleys and sport bikes mine went up $900[:M42]. To bad they havent found out the 3 tickets i got or i be screwed.

Cheers
I agree with Speed... they probably know or will soon. [V]

Anyways, was that 40% increase for you for 2003 or 2004?? I ask because when I got my increase (oops - my "renewal") for 2003 it had gone up with a "general increase" of 27% with a clean record!! ...If it goes up again... [:M110]Primmum.

It pains me to say this, but there are certain aspects of Canada that are REALLY starting to suck assss! [}:)]

I need to look into duel citizenship or something, get those nice cheap U.S. insurance rates... ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I agree with jlamb30. We've been with State Farm for 20 years and have never had a problem dealing with them. The few incidents we've had (our fault or someone elses) have all been handled very fairly.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Jlamb,
"I don't believe in sueing for anymore than I am entitled to. As long as the damage, medical bills, and any lost wages are paid for, it's all good. Our rates are high enough already."

I didn't sue for more than I deserved. But by the time they ended up paying for my lawyer, their lawyer and fees plus my settlement and all the time the agent spent going to and from court.....

·
Registered
605 Posts
VanHalen,

I wasn't coming down on you. Didn't mean for it to sound that way. I fully believe in getting what your entitled to. I was just stating my opinion as it pertains to one of the reasons insurance rates are so high.

"ended up costing them about three-four times what I'd have settled for"

I knew what you were talking about. It would have been much more cost effective for them to do the right thing to start with.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
"I knew what you were talking about. It would have been much more cost effective for them to do the right thing to start with."

Yep!

·
Registered
171 Posts
When i talked to them over the phone they said that 40% increase was for everyone not just myself. The three tickets are as listed as follows:

1) Speeding
2) Passing in a unmarked lane
3) Running a red light under a camra

When the picture came in the mail for running the red light i was sitting up on the tank with a girl on the back of the bike. I took the pic in and got it blown up and stuck it on my wall. Most expensive picture i own yet.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by troyasaki

When the picture came in the mail for running the red light i was sitting up on the tank with a girl on the back of the bike. I took the pic in and got it blown up and stuck it on my wall. Most expensive picture i own yet.
haha

That's great!:D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You Canadians love giving away huge parts of your paychecks to various parts of the gov't, or the people in bed with them.

Was talking to a couple people in another forum from Ontario about the recent raise in their insurance rates. They said that the insurance companies claimed that the rate increases were due to injuries suffered to riders and their passengers, which makes no sense for that to be an excuse to raise rates in Canada.

Think about it, you have NATIONAL HEALTH CARE COVERAGE!! If you get injured, the Gov't PAYS for your hospital visit, not the Insurance company. Sounds like a serious scam to me.

BC.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Originally posted by bladecutter

...Think about it, you have NATIONAL HEALTH CARE COVERAGE!! If you get injured, the Gov't PAYS for your hospital visit, not the Insurance company. Sounds like a serious scam to me.

BC.
Tis very true BC, it IS a serious scam! However, I have also heard that OHIP (our Ontario Health Insurance Plan coverage) is also "downloading" a lot of costs involved for injuries from collisions onto the insurance companies in recent years... [V]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.