Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with my SIDI boots I cant help but occassionaly (and quite dangerously) slip off the damn stock footpegs! Now I do some serious street riding in the mountains....but hot damn. The solution is new pegs ??? Suggestions?? I almost fell [B)]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
If you need some new pegs i have a knarlyier set of competition werkes i can hook you up with..Billet aluminum
PM ME

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Them stock pegs are shit.. Look into some vortex rearsets!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Never had a problem with the stock pegs and I've ridden in timberlands, combat boots and m/c boots. I do some fast riding in the hills as well.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm maybe its the SIDI boots, I deffinetly have perfect form (i'd like to think)...and I do use my feet to expedite the bike turning over....but I think the bottom of the boot just might be a little too slick. Deffinetly nowhere near Timbs or combat boots. JDgun I'll prob look into it next season...but thank u anyways. I just wanted to see what everyone would do about this..I dont want new rearsets, I can just swap out the peg right>?

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by spitz04
Them stock pegs are shit.. Look into some vortex rearsets!
[:M85]

(spend the money on fixed-position Valter Moto rearsets...same price, great setback height, and actual quality in the materials and construction)

·
Registered
875 Posts
The shift lever position is adjustable on the 636, right? If you can and you move it down, your foot would be more angled and less prone to slip as accel would push it back onto the peg. Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have Sidi's, but I do have problems with slipping sometimes but not alot the stock pegs suck for grip. My stock pegs on my 749 were the worst.

With any aftermarket rearset you will not have any slipping due to the pegs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.