Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has ever made their own integrated taillight. I was looking at the prices and I figured "what the hell" can't be too hard. Plus the LED tails are brighter making my ass move visible. Well, I am almost done with my taillight I will hopefully have pics up soon for anyone interested. Also, I am considering on making these taillights and reselling them for a fraction of what they sell for everywhere else. I will look into it though. Anyways, my random post for the day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by trashmonkey
do a search, I am almost positive there are a couple "how to" posts on this.
Ahh, I see. I am using 130k MCD LEDs so it should be bright. Plus the red lens should take care of some of the brightness. I will have some pics up soon. We'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The biggest problem I ran into playing with this once is getting the right resistance to make the signal relay work, or work at the correct speed. I ended up using a trailer integrator to integrate my signals into my brake light. I had LED bulbs in thier but, when you squeezed the brake or used the signal they didn't act right. So I went back to bulbs. However I did the LED rear peg signal mod to sexy up my bike a lil, and ran them paralell with the rear signals. It looks hot, AND increased my visability at night.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am running a total of 38 LEDs and they are decent sized. They appear to be atleast 20mm. I made them into a circular shape since the lens has 2 circles. I hope it turns out good. I will get a picture up here in a min. I am lazy right now, plus UBER alot of homework here lately...[:M87]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well I finally took some pics. The pictures are not the best but believe me they are bright. These are just the 9 LEDs used for the "running lights" for the right taillight. I will take a pic of them in the lens as soon as I am finished.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you don't care about putting in LEDs just use one of these, $11.00 job, and 15-20 minutes.

Trailer light integrator (advance/autozone).

·
Registered
208 Posts
You should position the LED say they make a shape. that mighht be kinda cool. It won't be visible when the brake is on because tehre so bright, but when the tail lights are on, you should be able to tell what the shape might be.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just purchased my trailer light integrater, ill be installing it tomorrow. The guys at oreillys were about as smart as a rock so i ended up having to find it myself heres the item number if anyone else has trouble - 48845. Cant wait till tomorrow!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Heres a short video (in daylight) of my integrated blinker. It goes...running lights, blinker left, blinker right, blinker right and brake and blinker left and brake. http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/drobberson/Bike/?action=view¤t=MVI_1800.flv Heres a picture of the trunk area and what little birdnest i ended up with - http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/drobberson/Bike/IMG_1797.jpg I probally end up tucking my plates later down the road...but thats off topic for this discussion. Last but not least, my roommates 04 R6 and my ZX6R posing for pictures - http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/drobberson/Bike/IMG_1801.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey i was interesed i where you got all the stuff to do the intergrated led set up i live in canada but do you could do up a how to or just give me a heads up thats a sweet mod that could be done to my 1995 6r

thanks

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
go to radioshack, they have circutboards, soilder, soildering irons, leds, wireing etc for it...
Ben

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.