Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to clean up the look of my 08 zx6r, i already have a fender eliminator. but hate it. especially with the wires coming around the ehxaust with nothing to hide them. im considering taking my turn signals off. i can't get an official answer, but been told mixed answers. half the people i talk to say in florida, turn signals aren't required on motorcycles. half say they are. i've never seen anyone get stopped for not using turn signals, so can't see why they'd make a difference if they weren't there. im eventually going to work towards a gp look, eliminating the undertail exhaust, one piece solo tail, etc. but basically, my question is has anyone had any experiences riding without rear turn signals? should i just shell out the money and get a bikelitez or competition werkes kit?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
why not get integrated rears? that's what I did

I rode without rear turn signals for about a year - not really something I would recommend. It's also hypocritical for me cause the #1 thing that cagers do that pisses me off is not use their turn signals.

So yea...look into the integrated rears. Not sure if they have 'em yet for the 08 6R for they did for the 06 version. I got mine from 58 cycle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've been looking with nothing coming up. i would love to do an integrated rear, but no ones stepped up since kawi changed the tail light style for the 07/08. atleast as far as my search is going.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
i've been looking with nothing coming up. i would love to do an integrated rear, but no ones stepped up since kawi changed the tail light style for the 07/08. atleast as far as my search is going.
Ah yea, that's right. They totally changed around the rear of the 07/08 from the 06. I remember we were wondering how third party companies would get around that. I guess they haven't yet?

Maybe someone else can help out with this one cause now I'm not sure. I used integrated rears and loved them.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
integrated rear signals are ok, but I have heard that some of them blitz out, something with the pins in the connector. The only bad thing is, it not only takes out your turn signals but your brake light as well. I think colin or someone on here had a similar issue with his integrated iirc.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
J'Neer Tail light. Look it up in the 07-08 section. It's integrated. Bikelitez also makes one. They sell them on ebay. These two sellers represent the two different styles of integrated tail lights available for the 07-08. Don't ride w/o blinkers, if not for legal reasons than for your safety.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/tail%20light%20zx6r%2007.htm ...spoke too soon. i found those on 58cycles.com from clear alternatives. anyone have any input on this company? haven't heard anything about them. i've used integrated before on an r1. never had a problem. so im more worried about the company. i'm considering either that or this ... http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/tk zx6r 07 ltd.htm ... fe kit. maybe both eventually. i saw j'neers, but hear complaints about it so im kind of uneasy. i was looking at bikelitez ss kit and that comp werkes kit i posted the link to. i'd rather have signals, so i gotta find that compromise between look and safety/legality

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
J'Neer Tail light. Look it up in the 07-08 section. It's integrated. Bikelitez also makes one. They sell them on ebay. These two sellers represent the two different styles of integrated tail lights available for the 07-08. Don't ride w/o blinkers, if not for legal reasons than for your safety.
I've been pulled over with the J'neer tail light for failure to signal even though I was using them at the time. It's not a dot legal light, nor is it bright enough to be noticed.

I ended up buying a set of halogen mini indicators that I bolted to my license plate. No concerns so far.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I've been pulled over with the J'neer tail light for failure to signal even though I was using them at the time. It's not a dot legal light, nor is it bright enough to be noticed.

I ended up buying a set of halogen mini indicators that I bolted to my license plate. No concerns so far.
I didn't realize that there was a problem w/it but, my point was, something is always better than nothing (if not for legality than for safety).

To the OP: I hadn't seen that Clear Alternatives tail light before. I myself have had a bad experience w/that company. I bought an integrated tail light from them and less than a season later 75% of the LEDs no longer work. I've heard of quite a few complaints about quality and customer service from that company...

·
Neutered
9,656 Posts
Yeah...you're on a MOTORCYCLE...and you want to ride without friggin TURN SIGNALS. I mean...nevermind, you're probably the guy that doesn't use them anyway.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Yeah...you're on a MOTORCYCLE...and you want to ride without friggin TURN SIGNALS. I mean...nevermind, you're probably the guy that doesn't use them anyway.
I don't use them *all* the time....but I am a gixxer squid :p

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Hand signals work better then lights in my opinion. But weaving through traffic with one hand jackarming back and forth between left and right signal gets to be a little wearying after a while lol.

G

·
sky and joonya will like this. lol...

i have ridden w/o rear turn signals on my 05 636 and the ZX10. im sure its illegal not to have them, but ive been pulled over a few times and they never mentioned anything about the lack of signals. i always put the license plate way under the tail so ive never had interest in getting those fender eliminator kits that go at the tip of the tail. the gixxer now has aftermarket LED signals next to the license plate (way under the tail) which looks really good. but if it hadnt come like that, i would've chopped off all that stuff and would be riding w/o signals right now (what do u expect, im a gixxer squid :p)

and ive never been a fan of intergrated taillights

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.