Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking into getting an sv 650, but im afraid it wont have enough power. so i was just wondering if anyone has ridden an sv 1000. i want the awesome handling of a vtwin, but i dont want to sell my kindeys to be able to afford a ducati.

·
Registered
391 Posts
my first bike was a 2003 SV650S. my brother has it now, so i still ride it once and awhile. its def not as quick as the 636 or handles as well, but its a great bike. i would be interested in riding an SV1000 to see how much more power it has. if u have a zx6r right now, you may feel like there will not be enough power for u if u get the 650. we bought the SV for $5000 OTD brand new in 2004, so you can get them pretty cheap. acceleration is ok on it, and it tops out at about 133.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Never rode one but the reviews from the mags and owners seem to be mixed. One person says the 1000 vibrates a lot and the next one says it's very smooth. Some reviews I've read are critical of the 1000's handling saying it's unsettled in curves even when not being pushed hard. Then again I'm sure many who own it will tell you it handles great. It seems you'd have to ride one and decide for yourself because there doesn't seem to be much agreement on opinions of this bike. Speaking of suzuki, did you see they are bringing back the Bandit for 07? It's a 1250 with FI, liquid cooling, 6 speeds and ABS optional. I thought it was dead until I saw that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.