Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well decided that its time to take my riding to the next level and get laser eye surgery...
been wearing glasses since 13 years old, now i am 33 andwith the riding, scuba diving, sky diving, and all the things i enjoy doing it makes sense to get it done...
So next week i will go under the laser.
No more fogged glasses, cant see shit when tucked behind windscreen
i am pretty excited.

Anyone else do this? Thoughts?

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,894 Posts
I just wear my glasses, but my eyesight isn't that bad, so when I'm tucked under I can look over the rim of the glasses and see fine. If my eyesight was worse, I'd get Lasik just because. I don't like wearing glasses as it is, but the law says I have to, by a cunt hair, and my eyesight just isn't bad enough to justify spending that kind of money.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I'm 20/20, so no need for glasses here. Surgery would be difficult for me to do because of possible risks involved. Much respect to you for doing it, and best of luck!;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
i am strongly thinking of getting this done also, one of my friends got it done 2 years ago and hasnt had any problems with it. i know what you mean with the looking over the frames being a pain in the ass. my eyes arent bad enough for me to even be restricted so they say, how i pass i dont know i guessed at the letters they ask me to read last time [B)] personnally i think its money well spent, and hope to get mine done yet this year

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everyone i talked to say it is all it is made out to be....
So being in turkey i have the best surgeon in the country and an inventor of some eye procedures worldwide.
So for $1500 US i am getting the same procedure that costs about $3500-$5000.00 stateside depending on who you go with.

the professor has multiple locations in europe as well as turkey.
and has had many patients and recommendations.
so next thursday is the day just confirmed it ....

·
Registered
204 Posts
I wear contacts now, I looked into the lasik surgery but I dont have the guts to take the chance since they have to cut your outer eye lid which makes me close my eyes just thinking about it. But it looks promising, let us know how it goes. Im waiting for the technology to improve a little more, but more success stories might get me to get it done sooner.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A coworker of mine just had the surgery done. He has been pleased so far with the results. I believe his total surgery time (actual cutting) was about 12 seconds...he had to focus on a green dot while the laser was doing its work. Good luck with your procedure. Give us some feedback when you can.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
yeah vision effects riding greatly. i would suspect that the top pro riders see like hawks. I've got a 20/20 right and a 20/30 left. Doesn't sound too bad but i can't corner worth shit without my specs[8D][8D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I had it done two years ago and I love it. I am 20/15 (better than perfect) in my left eye, and 20/20 in my right eye. I didn't do it just for riding, but it was a huge plus. I am so used to it, I forget sometimes what a pain in the ass wearing contacts (which is one of the worst things you can do to your eyes) and glasses was.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had lasik in 2002...Best $2400 I have ever spent.

I have larger than normal pupils tho so I still have the halos around lights at night. But I had them before so I didn't really notice it much...just that the doc said I would likely still have them so then I noticed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm a coach at the California Superbike School and do a lot of riding on the track. I've had trouble with my contacts drying out while on track. Earlier this year at Phillip Island I had one contact completely fog up at 100mph going through the Haysheds corner; leaned over all the way, knee on the ground. I had to close that eye and ride the next four corners with one eye closed while I was following a student that was going pretty fast. That sort of thing would happen every few days on track.

I got the surgery a couple months later. It was pretty quick and easy. My eyesight went from horrible to about 20/25 or 20/30. That was a lot better but I wanted 20/20. A month later I went back in for a touch up surgery which was very brief and did not cost anything. After that, both eyes are 20/15 and sharp as a tack. I can see better than ever and no more glasses or contact lense trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man got laser in nov 05 love it to death and a great investment. the only thing eyes tend to get a little dry and star bursts with the lights a glares but in all i like it a lot

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wow, maybe I should look into this. I'm supposed to wear correvtive lenses, but don't since my dog chewed my glasses up a year ago. I see double sometimes, but compensate by closing one eye while riding/driving. It seems to be worse at night, especially with headlights coming at me.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I am having mine done wednesday. I can't wait! Dylan Code, what facility did you use? I didn't know you could go back for a "touch up". I'm going to go to TLC and they do have a guarntee that if I ever have to have it done again in the future it's free. Wonder if "3 weeks from the original surgery" qualifies as "the future".

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by arowana1027
Wow, maybe I should look into this. I'm supposed to wear correvtive lenses, but don't since my dog chewed my glasses up a year ago. I see double sometimes, but compensate by closing one eye while riding/driving. It seems to be worse at night, especially with headlights coming at me.
get some glasses man, driving with one eye sucks, your depth perception is way off.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I plan on getting it done as soon as I can. Contacts are such a pain in the ass. Your supposed to wait until your eyes get as bad as they are gonna get though before getting the surgery. When I go in for my next checkup, if I still have the same prescription, I think I'm just gonna go for it. Everyone I know who has done it loves it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Did it, love it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Have had some problems with dry eyes that I never had before, but it's a small price to pay after 18 years of glasses.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Won't even consider it. My vision sucks, but is pretty good with lenses or specs. If they screw up the lasik I could be much worse off.

Besides, no one is slicing off my cornea while I can pull a trigger...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.