Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a slight oil leak from here:

i noticed it when i came in from the last session at the track on friday... i have noticed a tiny bit of oil around that area for a while but thought nothing of it as the oil level has never changed (and it didnt barely change on friday as a result of this either)

so .. do u just replace the oring in there and its all fixed or could the bearing in there be shot aswell ?? any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive checked the microfiche and there is an o-ring in there, hopefully thats all thats wrong, ill get a new one and have a go i guess :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
there's a "seal-oil" ring there. i've had the exact same problem, only it didn't turn out so great cuz i had a rash there, and when i went to replace it, the cover broke in that area. bummer.

anyway, the part you're looking for is 92049-1271. should only cost about $5, or whatever the currency is down there. and be careful installing it, there're two sides to it, look at the old one before you put the new one in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks driver man! did yours have the small kind of seeping leak ? ?

is there any trick to installing it apart from what u just said ? i have to take the case off yeah ? no way i can get that bit out other wise huh ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
well, i have an old 93 zx6e so my clutch is on the bottom of the case, not the top like yours, so it was seeping out a little faster than yours (gravity, mostly). i needed to take mine off because i needed a new one, and i didn't know too much about that area, but now that i do, you don't need to take it off.

here are some basic steps to get you going again:

1. disconnect the clutch cable (see your manual or another thread for this)

2. slowly slide out the clutch shaft (cable attaches to this, just rotate and slide out)

3. take a small screwdriver and pry out the old seal-oil ring (it's about 1/4" - 1/2cm thick). make sure not to scratch the cover or the new ring wont make a nice seal.

4. push the new seal-oil ring in. this takes a little effort because it's supposed to make a nice seal with the cover. don't be affraid, just push with your thumbs, don't use ANY tools.

5. insert the clutch shaft back in. it might need to be rotated to do this correctly.

6. reconnect the clutch cable.

7. go riding to make sure everything works right.

if you need any other help, lemme know. I bought a new clutch cover and just repaired my old one, so i have yet to put one of them back on (if you need any pictures). otherwise, it's a piece of cake! just make sure you don't drip oil everywhere when taking out the shaft...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.