Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some measurements from a factory midpipe, if someone has one laying around and has a pair of decent quality calipers and wouldn't mind measuring it for me I would really appreciate it. If there is someone local to socal/north orange county I can come measure it myself and bring you a drink for your time.

I need these dimensions from the catalytic converter side of the pipe.

O.D. of the sleeve that is tacked over the tubing (where it slides into the cat)
Length of the sleeve
O.D. of the tubing right after the sleeve
Wall thickness of the tubing

Measurements in standard or metric are fine, I can convert, I assume the tubing is of metric size.

Thanks for any help, you could get a kick-back in time for helping too. ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I need some measurements from a factory midpipe, if someone has one laying around and has a pair of decent quality calipers and wouldn't mind measuring it for me I would really appreciate it. If there is someone local to socal/north orange county I can come measure it myself and bring you a drink for your time.

I need these dimensions from the catalytic converter side of the pipe.

O.D. of the sleeve that is tacked over the tubing (where it slides into the cat)
Length of the sleeve
O.D. of the tubing right after the sleeve
Wall thickness of the tubing

Measurements in standard or metric are fine, I can convert, I assume the tubing is of metric size.

Thanks for any help, you could get a kick-back in time for helping too. ;)

These are measurements of the mid pipe only, on the side of the cat.
The mid pipe is all the same size, just has a ring welded to the pipe where it slides into the cat clamp

1) The ring welded around the pipe to stop from sliding farther into the cat. clamp
OD- 52.5mm/2.070 in

2)Length from tip of pipe to the ring
35.50mm/ 1.398 in

3)Diameter of tubing sliding into cat, is the same as the midpipe
48mm/ 1.894 in

4)Wall thickness
1.20mm/ .047 in

Hope this helps but if I'm confusing or wrong measurments, then let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts