Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Teknic Violater or Alpinestars MX-1 jackets that is? I've seen pictures online but no real detailed reviews. Anyone have these who can post some pics, thoughts, experience, etc? Thanks!

·
Registered
560 Posts
i dont have the violator, but i got the chicane perf last spring. i looks almost exactly like that one(but mines in white). for the $$, im very impressed with the quality. very tough jacket. teknic tends to run their sizes a bit small though, so if youre in between, go up a size. i didnt, and it eventually stretched, but still a little snug.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Picked up a mx-1 about a month ago upon release after selling on my tz-1 to a friend. Very happy and IMO one of the sharpest looking jackets currently in the A* lineup.

The only thing I don't like about it compared to the tz-1 is not having the snap wrist closures. The neck area has stretchy material so there no irritation from movement there. There is no perforation in the chest or body area, just perforated panels down the arms and under the arm pits which works a lot better than expected for maintaining airflow and keeping cool. The back hump and shoulder armor are vented too, although I don't feel much, if any, airflow there. There's stretchy material just above the forearm body armor and under the shoulders, so even though it's a tight fit the jacket remains very comfortable and maneuverable. Safety wise it looks good on paper but in practice…I don’t plan on testing these things ;) I bought the white/blue which does involve a bit of work cleaning wise if you want to keep the white, err white – shows up road grime/bug guts a lot more than a darker color. Size and fit wise it’s very similar to the tz-1. Although one of the more expensive A* jackets, it’s one I definitely recommend.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by psycho_penguin
i dont have the violator, but i got the chicane perf last spring. i looks almost exactly like that one(but mines in white). for the $$, im very impressed with the quality. very tough jacket. teknic tends to run their sizes a bit small though, so if youre in between, go up a size. i didnt, and it eventually stretched, but still a little snug.
I've tried on the chicane and it fits great on me, so I figured nicer Teknics would fit just as well. The chicanes are only $150 now so I thought about picking one up just to have it around as an extra for myself/other passengers.

wags: Did you pay retail for your jacket, or have you found someplace a little cheaper? The Teknic is $100 cheaper so it's making me lean that way.

·
Registered
670 Posts
my buddy has the mx1 and loves it. it looks like it is a quality jacket. i am also partial to a-stars.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Originally posted by tdahle

wags: Did you pay retail for your jacket, or have you found someplace a little cheaper? The Teknic is $100 cheaper so it's making me lean that way.
Bought mine of ebay for $410.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.