Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im saving money to get a full muzzys exhaust and I am pondering which jet kit to buy. I know Ivans is top notch but they say their kit is designed for use with a 98-99 pipe and it appears they only provide 1 set of jets. Dynojet on the other hand has multiple jets to choose from in their kit and they aren't designed for any specific exhaust combo. Im have had 2 other bikes with a dynojet kit installed and I had good luck with both of them. Im just curious to see what everybody else is running on their bikes to get an idea of how the different setups perform in the real world. Another thing I noticed is that dynojet has 2 different kits, one for the 00-01 zx6r and another for the 05-06 zzr unlike ivans which claims their kit fits both. Dynojet has a kit specifically for the zzr and it includes completely different jets than the zx6r kit. This is where I get a little confused about what would be better. I know Im probably over-thinking things but I just want to get the most out of my money and I dont want to end up with a bike that dont run right.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have an '01 with a Muzzy pipe, K&N filter and Dynojet kit.

It works well, but could use some tweaking. The bike came with the Dynojet kit installed so I don't have any other jets. Top end is fine, there is a flat spot at lower RPM and throttle settings.

I have a Factory Pro jet kit for my old ZX600. Came with 2 sets of jets.

Factory Pro claims to have the only jet kit that solves the off-on throttle surge on the ZX6r/ZZR (I get that on mine.) Thye have 3 kit levels. The top one is like $229, I'm tempted to get it, but it is good enough.

BTW, the +4 advance rotor also improved throttle response. It is not that much $$.

I think the '00-02 did not have a catalytic converter, except for california. Maybe the change in the newer kit is for the stock exhaust/slipons.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the 00-02 didnt have a catalytic converter then i guess that is where the difference in jetting would be. Every bike I have owned with a jet kit installed had the phantom bog at low rpms. I may check into the factory pro kits though and see. I planned on buying a k&n filter and a muzzys adjustable ignition rotor to compliment the exhaust. Anyhow I think I may steer clear of the ivans kit just because I plan on using a different style exhaust than what his kit is tuned for.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
Can I just point out for those not in the US (Eu, UK) that the 00-02 ZX6R does have a catalytic converter, so if your looking for jet kits that were for the 00-02 look for European ones and you should be ok, however alot of the kits we get are from the states anyway so its hardly too much of an issue.

Russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.