Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
You either missed something or you didn't unplugged the component causing the problem.

Is it possible that you plugged something in wrong? I know there are one or two plugs that will plug in to the wrong connector.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Deshi

you could have a blown sensor that is hot? Yuo may be aware already so forgive me if so but ,the service manual takes you through each sensor and how to test - what the readings should be etc... It also takes you through each individual circuit for each system which will help isolate the problem.

Maybe try the following...

Disconnect ECU
Turn ignition on
check the pins at the ECU plug to see whats hot and not and compare to what it should be.

I hate to say it, but maybe you fried the replacement ECU as well?

I wouldnt insert another ECU just yet until to can confirm all the sensors are operating correctly and that the right wires are hot in the plug to the ECU (heck- check the others as well while you are at it)

Cheers

Little Mick

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mick, I unplugged all the sensors and everything and still blew out the fuse. I have asked around and nobody is willing to let me use their ECU, or to try and use my ECU.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you plug the sensors in and do the checks as per the manual, it may help identify where the fault is? the ECU is most likely fried if it wasn't connected to anything sensor wise and blew the fuse..

there are some checks also that point to the ecu in the manual... you may have fixed the original problem, but with the fried ECU you will keep blowing fuses..

can you pick up an ECU from ebay?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I already did pick up an ECU from eBay from a reputable shop, they claim to have tested it before listing it for sale. Same with the relay box. My old ECU doesn't blow the ECU fuse, but it doesn't prime/operate the fuel pump, or fire the plugs. When I put the new ECU in, it cranked and ran for about two minutes. Then blew the ECU fuse, and now it blows them as soon as I turn the ignition over. I'm totally dumbfounded. I've done everything I can think of. I've been trying to check continuity today, but I have to figure out something for getting one of the tester prongs into the ECU connector. The holes are way too small. I had some wire I had twisted around and out in, but that only worked for testing a couple of wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I already did pick up an ECU from eBay from a reputable shop, they claim to have tested it before listing it for sale. Same with the relay box. My old ECU doesn't blow the ECU fuse, but it doesn't prime/operate the fuel pump, or fire the plugs. When I put the new ECU in, it cranked and ran for about two minutes. Then blew the ECU fuse, and now it blows them as soon as I turn the ignition over. I'm totally dumbfounded. I've done everything I can think of. I've been trying to check continuity today, but I have to figure out something for getting one of the tester prongs into the ECU connector. The holes are way too small. I had some wire I had twisted around and out in, but that only worked for testing a couple of wires.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts