Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corbin seat came in and I cannot get it to fit. The metal latch that holds the seat in place will not slide in to bolt down. The metal piece that sticks off the seat is way to high. My bike was under a carport and I stood on the seat pushing up on the ceiling and someone else still could not get the bolt in. I called Corbin wanting to send it back and they made me take pics. I emailed them yesterday and have not heard back yet. I don't want to bend anything in case I want to get my stock seat back on. Anyone else have trouble getting their Corbin to fit?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had both my seats off this weekend. Make sure you have the bracket for the seat right side up. I almost tried to bolt mine on upside down (which would have made the bolt ride much lower. Probably too low to latch).

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny Random
My Corbin seat came in and I cannot get it to fit. The metal latch that holds the seat in place will not slide in to bolt down. The metal piece that sticks off the seat is way to high. My bike was under a carport and I stood on the seat pushing up on the ceiling and someone else still could not get the bolt in. I called Corbin wanting to send it back and they made me take pics. I emailed them yesterday and have not heard back yet. I don't want to bend anything in case I want to get my stock seat back on. Anyone else have trouble getting their Corbin to fit?
Sounds like the rubber bumpers on the Corbin seat are a little stiff. I had the same problem when I installed a Corbin seat on my ZZR1200. All I did was put a little WD40 on the rubber bumpers and I was able to properly latch the seat.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by Johnny Random
I will try the WD40 today after work.
Well how did it work out for you?[8D]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same problem... Determined to mae it fit, I pressed down in the middle of the back end of the seat to flex it just enough to slide the metal bracket into place. Nothing's bent, but that seat sure is on there good! I was within an inch of calling Corbin though, so it was pretty damn tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.