Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read a lot about the retuning of the motor for the 4th generation updates. The theory behind it was to give some grunt a little lower in the rpm range (3k instead of 4k or some such) at the loss of overall horsepower. The performance numbers are obviously different with the 0-60 of the 3rd gen running 1.5s to 2s quicker than the 4th gen (5.7s vs 7.5) which is nothing to sneeze at.

It's not going to change what bike I'm getting or why I'm getting it but I was wondering if anybody had experience with both versions of the lil' ninja to provide some insight.

(Edit: forum search wasn't helpful, but google found this thread on the forum:

http://www.kawiforums.com/newbie-corner/161040-new-generation-ninja-250-vs-old-ninja-250-a.html

Which was relevant, but I'm still hoping for some personal experience from somebody)

· Registered
93 Posts
My 2010 is my first bike so i cant compare it to the previous gen. I would say i have no problem cruising around at 4k rpm and i can pass people on the highway in 6th gear without issue so the mid range seems strong (enough) to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.