Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don't know anything about those, but "no cut" frame sliders for the '03-up 6R are easy to find. I know my Vortex sliders don't require any cutting, and Sato sliders are the same way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Never heard of them.
If I were you, I would go for what people used to recommend in Frame Sliders topics overhere. (lp, vortex, sato...)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just found those Frame Sliders "Shogun" on eBay. I was wondering about it.
because they are cheap.. : )
But i have a friend that get a Frame Slider on TARGA
What do you think about them ?
Please post your comments

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
My buddy has Shogun Frame Sliders on his New 03 GSXR1000 and he says they're great and that he trusts them on his bike so I bought a pair of Shoguns also on ebay and will be installing them soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear the Vortex one attach to the weak fairing tab which can break off and send the slider through the engine case![:0]

"F" that!

Some ZX-9R guys swear by the Shogun Sliders, so I think I will grab a set for my 9 too. That is of course unless the LP sliders I ordered don't mount the same way. They need to mount to the engine mounting bolts, if they do, they will be perfect.[^]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Go with the Satos. Good quality build. The Satos have three grooved lines in the sliders to help absorb the impact and sever off during a crash. Also, they mount to the engine mount bolts. Just make sure you torque them down after installation.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by Kwaka ZX-9R
I hear the Vortex one attach to the weak fairing tab which can break off and send the slider through the engine case![:0]

"F" that!

Some ZX-9R guys swear by the Shogun Sliders, so I think I will grab a set for my 9 too. That is of course unless the LP sliders I ordered don't mount the same way. They need to mount to the engine mounting bolts, if they do, they will be perfect.[^]
I think ya heard wrong, cause the vortex ones attach at the engine mounting bolts as well..[:p]

Anyways, about these shogun sliders, a lot of R1 and R6 guys seem to have used them one their boards, and many seem to like them...I'm kind of debating between them and vortex now...

·
Registered
663 Posts
anyone hear plastic is better then steel cause the plastic absorbs some of the impact if u drop ur bike and the steel ones could crack ur case? i need some just haven't decided on which ones yet. Please post pics boyz if u got 'em. I hate how ebay doesn't show them mounted. Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by joe789
anyone hear plastic is better then steel cause the plastic absorbs some of the impact if u drop ur bike and the steel ones could crack ur case? i need some just haven't decided on which ones yet. Please post pics boyz if u got 'em. I hate how ebay doesn't show them mounted. Thanks
That is true, you want the plastic ones...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I can tell you from first hand experience, that whatever you do... don't buy SHOGUN Frame Sliders, They are junk because I dumped my bike this past Sunday at apx 30mph and the slider immediately broke off and the bolt is still in the frame. Didn't save crap really... So Once I get my bike back I would definetly consider other frame sliders besides SHOGUNS.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The Vortex frame slider saved my bike alot on 2 crash (s) low and high side at Street of Willows on the Apr 12.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
No matter what sliders you get make sure to use grade 5 bolts not grade 8. The 8's break off in a crash whereas the 5's bend some. Your bike will be protected more from a bent bolt than a broken one. A fellow rider w/ a new gsxr1000 just went down at about 25mph the other nite and his shoguns broke right off b/c they had grade 8 bolts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
vortex or sato all the way...i have two crashes on my vortex...one low side and one high side, they hold up very well and the bolts bend not break...just got a orange '04 and am going to try the sato's cuz i have heard great things about them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.