Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what the people who own a muzzy slip or full system think of it. also any pics or videos would be more then helpfull. just want to know about things like how it fits...does it stick out passed the end of the tail fairing? sound?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Muzzys looks pretty good installed.. The shape of it is sort of odd to me, but it's similar to the Akra in terms of length and shape of the canister. I think I'd like it better if it wasn't so shiny in that type of shape. I like the Akra because of the titanium and carbon fiber finish. The Muzzys, to the best of my knowledge, is either all polished.. or polished with a black end cap. Fits well though, and I actually kind of like the way it sounds. It's pretty loud!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
If I were you, I would just get a slip on and mod your catalytic converter... You really don't need a full system on the street. Just get the slip on, and a power commander with the proper map, and you'll be golden! Gut that catalytic converter and you'll be close to having a full system for a lot less money!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Muzzy's full system.Stainless header and mid pipe with titanium can with black end cap.I installed myself fit and finish is awesome and I love the sound.Very easy install and I Only paid $808.00 shipped.I don't care much for the polished look thats why I went with titanium can.Talked to one of the tech guys at Muzzy's and they claim approx. 10% hp increase at the wheel with the power commander.The can dosen't stick out to far unlike some of the other systems.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've got the full system on my bike too...fits great and I love the deep throaty tone once its warmed up good...

GunRunner

·
Registered
338 Posts
i got the muzzy full system ss with black cap. i love this exhaust. got PC3 and K&N Filter. you could tell the diff with all these mods.
the Muzzy is a sexxy exhaust, i recommend it a lot.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just to warn ya, you should invest in another fender elim.. dont use the one from muzzy.. they suck ass.. i almost lost my license plate, the brackest are not even metal, they are really hard plastic.. heat and vibration just cracked it..

·
Registered
487 Posts
I haven't had one problem with muzzys fender elimnator. I am to thinking of getting there slip on. Anybody have a sound clip or know where?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I trimmed mine off so the brace still runs between the rear blinker mounts (CA tail will be here Monday..WOOT!) and bent the plate mount a little, mounted it below the ECU, and my plate tucks in nice now...

GunRunner

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just finished earlier with my can, chopped it down 3" so it stops at the bottom of the taillight now...not much louder, but it is noticably grumbly at idle now...the only installed pics I have of it so far is after dark, but I'll try and get some nice daytime shots of it tomorrow...

GunRunner

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah im definitely interested in seeing that myself, because im wondering how you mounted the pipe if you cut it down. The hangers wont line up properly. How did u get past that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.